• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just picked up this JVC JR-S600

Register to hide this ad
Do you hear a distinct click a few seconds after you turn it on?

I believe that this receiver has pre out/main in jacks so there needs to be jumpers there. Hopefully, that's your "no sound" issue. :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
Thank you century Tek. After I posted this, I realized I had not checked the jumpers.

I checked this morning and they were missing. I hooked up some patch cables and turned on the receiver! No sound :(

I do hear the speaker relay click.
 
Relay click is a very good sign that the amplifier portion of the receiver is working. Check the tape monitor and speaker switches.
 
Never seen one that color either. Mine is just black. Wouldn't think some one cleaned
it with something and did that, because the lettering would be messed up also.
Good luck with fix.
 
I have one and it is a great receiver and well worth restoring. In my opinion it is as good or better sounding than any of the big Marantz/Sansui/Pioneer receivers and at a fraction of their prices. Yeah, the styling is a little different but I like that about it.
I'll double-check but I believe the eq area of mine is black also.
Be careful with the tuning knob. The one drawback with this style JVC is the part/parts that hold the tuning knob tend to disintegrate.
Make sure the patch cables going into the pre out/main in inputs are in the right way and as century tek said make sure the tape/dubbing and mute switches are off.
 
Back
Top Bottom