• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just read on Google Western Electric to build 300B's again

Found that 1917 wireless era receiver in an indoor flea market Mall booth with random stuff a few miles from my house in that state, couldn't believe my eyes until I put my hands on it. No tubes tho, I got a set off e-place, and I'm still looking in for replacements for the missing OEM resistor cartridges.
 
Whatever became of the 300Bs used in the trans-Atlantic cable? Weren't they used every few hundred feet to prevent loss?

Probably still down there, free for the taking.

Pick me up a couple too. <G>
 
Norman_The_Lineman_tearsheet.jpg
 

Damn, I use a better belt than that to hold my pants up. You can't really appreciate climbing spikes until you've had a pair on too, I think I made it about 10 feet. I always thought about those guys when the poles were solid ice and the wind was blowing 20 mph. Not a job for sissies that's for sure.
 
Hey, just had a thought. Anyone else remember when Gilligan found that huge communication cable that was blown up on the beach by a typhoon or something. The professor was splicing in and hearing all kinds of funny conversations. I forget exactly how Gilligan screwed that one up?
 
Damn, I use a better belt than that to hold my pants up. You can't really appreciate climbing spikes until you've had a pair on too, I think I made it about 10 feet. I always thought about those guys when the poles were solid ice and the wind was blowing 20 mph. Not a job for sissies that's for sure.

I have an old DMX tower,and the easiest way for me to climb it is with my spikes. The ''V'' formed by the cross-bracing is a perfect notch for the spikes. My belt isn't much better than his either :rolleyes: I had to go up just before the winter,and man,I'd forgotten just how uncomfortable and hard to walk in those spikes are!

(interweb pic)

maxresdefault.jpg
 
Hey, just had a thought. Anyone else remember when Gilligan found that huge communication cable that was blown up on the beach by a typhoon or something. The professor was splicing in and hearing all kinds of funny conversations. I forget exactly how Gilligan screwed that one up?

I was too busy looking at MaryAnn. (grin)
 
Wouldn't be surprised to see Shuguang or some such do the actual production to the required design specs. Pretty common amongst "premium tube" distributors like TAD and Psvane.
Cableguy Bill made me a smoking deal on some Shuguang Black Treasure 6CA7s for my super, souped up Dynaco 70 a couple years back, and I swear they were every bit as good as XF2s and would take more heat. I haven't had that amp set up in a long time, but I biased those to 35mA, then 40, and even tried them at 45mA and they sounded great. The glass on those is black, so you can't really see the plate, so I backed them down to 35 and they held it rock steady. They aren't any cheaper than the old Mullards, but from what I experienced, they are worth every nickel.
 
Back
Top Bottom