• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

just signed up with MOG

cleonjr

Super Member
well i have been hearing a lot about MOG ,so i registered for a free account,till i see if i like. I was a Youtuber because of the vast majority of live stuff and obscure artists.are ther any other MOG type sreamers around with good sound quality and good selection of all kinds of music.
 
Register to hide this ad
I recently signed up as well...turned off by the fact that unless you jump through their hoops, you "run out" of music...back to spotify for me!

well i have been hearing a lot about MOG ,so i registered for a free account,till i see if i like. I was a Youtuber because of the vast majority of live stuff and obscure artists.are ther any other MOG type sreamers around with good sound quality and good selection of all kinds of music.
 
I have never run out of music with MOG, but I have a paid account.

Spotify is the main competition to MOG. However, it was slower to go to 320kbps, slower to the USA, slower with iDevice 320k streaming, and slower to come out with an iPad app. While Spotify has caught up, I prefer staying with a leader instead of a follower. Without MOG, I doubt Spotify would have made the strides to catch up.

I do have a free Spotify account, but I can't remember the last time I tried it.

The other option is a Google Music Play. I tried it, but I didn't like the fact that you have to access it from a web browser on both the computer and iOS. I prefer an app that can be installed and accessed outside a browser.
 
Mog

I was prompted to pay some "Tainted Love" months ago so I return and play 2 songs Mel and with abundant life remaining for the vicar I am canceled
 
I recently signed up as well...turned off by the fact that unless you jump through their hoops, you "run out" of music...back to spotify for me!

yea kind of a bummer ,dont get much time before they want some money ,,proly gonna sign up with paid account though, MOG seems to be the best choice right now.still will be looking around though.i will be accessing MOG from a laptop with a hd sound card prolly using a dac into my technics v8 amp.(dac seems to be the logical choice at the moment)
 
I have never run out of music with MOG, but I have a paid account.

Spotify is the main competition to MOG. However, it was slower to go to 320kbps, slower to the USA, slower with iDevice 320k streaming, and slower to come out with an iPad app. While Spotify has caught up, I prefer staying with a leader instead of a follower. Without MOG, I doubt Spotify would have made the strides to catch up.

I do have a free Spotify account, but I can't remember the last time I tried it.

The other option is a Google Music Play. I tried it, but I didn't like the fact that you have to access it from a web browser on both the computer and iOS. I prefer an app that can be installed and accessed outside a browser.

MOG account costs $5 per month, $10 if you access it from a SBT/PC and also from your phone. Account can be shared across multiple phones too if that helps (does for me, saves money).

Google Play will render both MOG and Spotify as has beens in a couple of years if they get their iOS support in place and decide to go for it.

Play Android app is excellent. Music selection is a good as MOG for streaming, plus you can load your library to it.

Chromecast with Play can do what AirPlay does, for less. I like MOG, but MOG on my phone doesn't support AirPlay from Android devices either. It should, but they don't care. Not sure why, because Google will.
 
Google Play will render both MOG and Spotify as has beens in a couple of years if they get their iOS support in place and decide to go for it.
I thought they would own the market now until I tried their service. Even for 7.99 (their initial offer) vs 9.99 it wasn't worth it. Of course, they could just buy the competition, but I don't know that they really care about this service enough to do that. Only time will tell.

Chromecast with Play can do what AirPlay does, for less. I like MOG, but MOG on my phone doesn't support AirPlay from Android devices either. It should, but they don't care. Not sure why, because Google will
. The main difference, if what my friends are telling me is true, is you can't use Chromecast with just any app on the Android device or Apple device for that matter. In other words, with Airplay, I can stream Spotify, Mog, iTunes Music, Pandora, iHeartradio, etc..... and stream directly to an Airplay device via wifi from my iPhone. Not to mention video apps like Lynda, Airvideo, and most other apps. If this is true, it is no where near the capability of Airplay combined with an iOS device.

I just discussed the Chromecast with a buddy at work (yesterday) and he said it was okay for Netflix and Youtube, but he wouldn't recommend it in its current state...even for $35. I have no first hand experience, but they guy works in the IT dept, so I trust his opinion.
 
Last edited:
I recently signed up as well...turned off by the fact that unless you jump through their hoops, you "run out" of music...back to spotify for me!

How the hell do you run out of music? I'm not sure that is even possible, well at my age anyway. What hoops are you referring to?

cubdog
 
i just go with the free ones i am already logged down with subscriptions net flix,hulu plus ,dish and the like i will wait and see who comes out on top tween mog and spotify.there are some good free ones out there and ad's dont bother me much.
 
MOG for me is a no brainer at $5 a month. I don't need the mobile upgrade so that saves me $5. If they raise the price it won't bother me a bit. I almost feel like I'm stealing from them as it is.

cubdog
 
I've heard good thing indeed about MOG, unfortunately it's not available in my contry (Canada), what a shame :(
 
i eventually will get one.i just ordered a wd live streamer and it supports all the major streaming media like netflix mog rapsody and all the others.plus i can link to my computer. in the other room and get all the files on my computer i have over 4,00 music files and a lot of live music videos. it will be nice i cant wait to get it.
 
MOG account costs $5 per month, $10 if you access it from a SBT/PC and also from your phone.

Correction: MOG is only $5 for SBT/PC. It only moves up to $10 if you want to include mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
 
How the hell do you run out of music? I'm not sure that is even possible, well at my age anyway. What hoops are you referring to?

cubdog

After I signed up, they said I could listen to more music if I created a playlist, shared their service on social media sites (e.g., facebook), etc, etc. Several things I could do to extend the amount of music I could listen to, otherwise it would run out. And it did.
 
i have been listening to spotify for 2 days now(the free version)i get maybe a ad every 4 songs which is ok kinda clears head for next song.i am no sound engineer type but it sounds real good to me.music is cystal clear.i will check out mog next week some time in detail.mog and spotify seem to have the most music to choose from.
 
After I signed up, they said I could listen to more music if I created a playlist, shared their service on social media sites (e.g., facebook), etc, etc. Several things I could do to extend the amount of music I could listen to, otherwise it would run out. And it did.
This may be the way the free version works. I have no idea because I was already paying before they offered a free version. The paid version does not have any of this nonsense.

The last time I tried the free version of Spotify, they just had advertizements and the sound quality was below their normal specs. I don't think it requires you to do anything else, but I got on board before they started combining it with your Facebook login....well, I think you could combine it back then, but I chose not to.
 
MOG for me is a no brainer at $5 a month. I don't need the mobile upgrade so that saves me $5. If they raise the price it won't bother me a bit. I almost feel like I'm stealing from them as it is.

cubdog

I just got a Sonos and was not thrilled to find out that MOG considers the Sonos a mobile device that they want $5 more/mo to stream to.
 
I just got a Sonos and was not thrilled to find out that MOG considers the Sonos a mobile device that they want $5 more/mo to stream to.

yea that ticked me 2 that is why i got the streamer so i could use the mog on my main computer.just mirror everything into the other room.
 
Back
Top Bottom