• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kef model 103/4 speakers

Register to hide this ad
250-375?? Looks like rosewood finish too.. Grilles??
No grills. I'm just wondering about using them without the controller.
Have you heard these before? I was thinking maybe $150 to $200 it they sound good since the controller and grills are gone.
 
Like the grain on those. My $.02... several here are much more in tune with the market/value than I.

Assuming they are fully functional? Grills? If no grills add $100 to buy/ship a set. Figure another $200 give or take to buy a Kube w/power supply... not sure what prices are on the Kubes lately may be more or less. I may have one... have a half dozen or so widowed Kube units in storage.

No Kube or Grills and in average shape I would think if you can pick them up for $250 or under that is fair on both ends.

Assuming you are wanting to keep them. Add cost for grills and Kube and you got $5-600 +/- in a complete set.
 
Agreed. No grilles or kube Id say less than 250.00 Very nice speakers. I had a set without kube and thought they sounded great other than a tad bass shy which im guessing the kube would cure....
 
Like the grain on those. My $.02... several here are much more in tune with the market/value than I.

Assuming they are fully functional? Grills? If no grills add $100 to buy/ship a set. Figure another $200 give or take to buy a Kube w/power supply... not sure what prices are on the Kubes lately may be more or less. I may have one... have a half dozen or so widowed Kube units in storage.

No Kube or Grills and in average shape I would think if you can pick them up for $250 or under that is fair on both ends.

Assuming you are wanting to keep them. Add cost for grills and Kube and you got $5-600 +/- in a complete set.
Thanks!
 
Agreed. No grilles or kube Id say less than 250.00 Very nice speakers. I had a set without kube and thought they sounded great other than a tad bass shy which im guessing the kube would cure....
From what I've read in a few Stereo rag reviews, the Kube didn't really do much for the low end. In one review test equipment was used. The Kube did a better job with the midrange. As for the bass, it was not very noticable and did not help the speakers go as low as advertised.
 
Make sure the "doughnuts" inside are in tact, as well as the surrounds on the internal woofers.
Thanks. I was just told that those and the surrounds on the internal bass drivers would need replacing along with new ferrafluid for the tweeters.
Unless the seller is willing to let these go cheap I'll pass. I don't mind having to replace a surround from time to time or recap a crossover, if I were going to have to dig this deep into them he may have to pay me to haul them away. :D
 
Still worth a bit even with work that needs done. If they are in clean shape and are a pair you would keep and use to me they are worth the work. If you looking to flip..... value would have to be different.

My daily drivers are 107. Bought them assuming they would stick around, so did not mind the T/E it was going to take to get them where I wanted them in the end. Foams, donuts, fluid replaced. Good to go for many years to come. hopjohn helped build me a PS for a used kube I picked up from the auction site. Now have a complete set minus hats which one day I may get lucky and find.

Had I posted the same question you did when I found mine, would have received very similar responses. I paid a fair price for the 107s and did not mind doing so. Knew I was going to keep them and if not just wanted to be close to a break even point in regards to what I would have in them. Went into it with that mindset. If I were going to try and flip, would not have picked my current set up at the price I paid.

Love the grain on the front... wish mine had that much character.

Not sure your intent or what the game plan is on your end. What I can say is when up and running as they should most are very pleased at what they hear. Keep us posted.
 
Back
Top Bottom