• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Krell FPB 600 Value?

That is a steal if it has been completely recapped. That alone costs about 2K. Minimum line should be 30amps if it was mine. I have 4 Krell Mono blks in my listening room MDA500's and KMA400's and the room gets HOT.
This is a great stereo amp and will need the best associated equipment to be used with it for your audio nirvana. Be careful not to smoke your speakers

Why 30 amps? Do you think 20 is not enough for the FPB 600? (I'm all new to this)
 
Why 30 amps? Do you think 20 is not enough for the FPB 600? (I'm all new to this)
For domestic use where you won't be running the amp to its ragged edge, 20A service should be more than adequate. 30A requires a twist lock plug, etc. Unless of course your objective is to smolderize your speakers ...
 
I would run the 30 for headroom in case you run more than 1 pair of speakers at a time. I do not know how the impedance runs on your Infinities. My Martin Logan CLS ran under 1 ohm at higher frequencies. With a 20 amp less than 10 amps per side for the amp.
 
Max AC mains power consumption for the FPB600 is 6000 watts.

For those who don't like math, that's 50 amps at 120 volts.

Idle consumption 450 watts

Stand-by consumption 85 watts................. it'll use more power to do absolutely nothing than you'll use lighting your house with LEDs. How awesome is that? ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom