• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lava Lamps

A few that are in my home office.

attachment.php


attachment.php


Dave
 

Attachments

  • 100_3799.jpg
    100_3799.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 100_3800.jpg
    100_3800.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 247
In the foreground is a Pilot 245A and on the other side of the lava lamp an AR-XB turntable. I'm not the best photographer, but here they are:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 59
if your springs become misaligned you can set the globe in a crockpot without the crock and melt it into place. You can also use the crockpot to get the wax pliable enough to transfer the lava to a alternative globe such as a absolut vodka bottle, then reach into the globe with a hooked coat hanger and pull the spring out. You then put it into the vodka bottle and you have a absolut lava lamp. I have made many of them for friends over the years.


i broke one of my lamps but i have a spare glass jar from another one with a broken cap. I'm going to try this. This is very helpful. Thanks.

S.j.
 
I recently posted under "Lava lamps revisited:" if you care to check the Pics out:)
My oldest Rozwell Themed Lava Lamp with Spaceship Top.
 
Please do it up and let us see!!!

You bet. I need a good liquid solution for the lava, too, if anyone knows of or has a recipe. I've seen some online so I know they're out there. As soon as I have time I'll fix it up and post it, and my other one. They're both older ones, from the '70s. Just love lava lamps. Man! when these things break they make a hell of a mess. My basement man cave stairs are still stained from the spilt liquid.

S.J.
 
My lava lamp atop the Infinity Crescendo 3009's....accompanied by (of course) a black light above the tt.

A must for most 70's fare....
 

Attachments

  • 10-18-2014 326.jpg
    10-18-2014 326.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 10-18-2014 329.jpg
    10-18-2014 329.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 90
  • 10-18-2014 319.jpg
    10-18-2014 319.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 10-18-2014 322.jpg
    10-18-2014 322.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom