• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lava Lamps

Not a lava lamp by any means:no:. But this new to me cheapo laser light just put both of my lava lamps into permanent retirement. Move over 70's tech for a bit of the 21st century.
 

Attachments

  • ra101 007.jpg
    ra101 007.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 86
These just came out of storage a couple weeks ago....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 56
  • plasma1.JPG
    plasma1.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 53
LOVE THEM! I don't know why the pictures are shown sideways on the post to me but open up right side up???

Anyway, let the lava (and the energy) flow!
 
WOW! The Lava Lamp thread is still going. Cool.

Well, I only have one in my Seattle pad, but I love it.

Did not know that K-mart was selling those new "Shaded" Lava lamps. I'll have to check that out.
 
My wife bought me one because she saw me checking out this thread. She surprised me and set it on top of my speaker. The thing wasn't flowing much inside so I grabbed and tipped it over. Bang! Bam! Smash! The bottle was not attached to the base. I am such an idiot. Warning! Don't do this. It can be hazardous to your gear!
 
My wife bought me one because she saw me checking out this thread. She surprised me and set it on top of my speaker. The thing wasn't flowing much inside so I grabbed and tipped it over. Bang! Bam! Smash! The bottle was not attached to the base. I am such an idiot. Warning! Don't do this. It can be hazardous to your gear!

Ouch! Hopefully it didn't spill on any of your gear. I never trusted a lava lamp sitting on my speakers or gear. It looks cool but it's not worth the risk should something happen imo.
 
It could happen to anybody. Time to get another lamp and place it in a safer spot. They do take a while to warm up and get the lave flowing though.
 
Here are mine. The blue one is your basic Wal-Mart special, the red one (looks pink in the pictures, but is definitely not) was rescued from a thrift store. It is older, and more well built than the new one. It runs the gamut from deep, blood red, to yellow and orange, it mimics the setting sun beautifully, the orbs of lava (yeah, i know it's wax, but you should SEE this thing!) change color as they rise, and can start light yellow at the top, through all shades of orange and red, this thing is mezmorizing in it's beauty. Needless to say, ipad pics don't do it justice.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 77
The blue gets and stays warm, everything floats up and wants to stay there.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 31
Just picked up a newer style at the thrift shop for a couple bucks but still looking for vintage.
 
Back
Top Bottom