• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Leak Stereo 50 amp?

It was in the best condition for the turn tables, the other ones were torn up quite a bit it looked. At least the top covers were cracked/shattered ect.
 
Pictures. We will help you decide what is worth the effort. Cracked dust covers are all but a non issue.
 
I might have to see about trying to make it over there, But I think I wont have time before the house is gone. I will have to see what I can do.
 
:nutz::nutz::lmao::lmao:

It would be more fitting considering the Leak amp, but he did say cracked dustcovers, I didn't think the 301's had covers.

As much as I like those Leak amps, and the preamp, I don't know if I could live with those cheap looking plastic knobs. I think I would have to find a machinist who could make me a some really nice brass, ones. I could always keep those plastic ones in case I wanted to go back OEM.

Yeah, just watch: The junker turntables are all Garrard 301's!!!!
 
Yes be careful who/what you listen to on the internet, (best to seek multiple opinions when not sure)
Those "know it all types" that suggest Only Do Things There Way or it is wrong are some of the worst.
(some even have an agenda that's thinly veiled as advice, it can be tough to decipher some of these)

.
AK is generally a pretty good community though an it's advice tends to be pretty good most of the time.
 
Last edited:
For preamps on any Leak amp, just use a simple passive.:music:

Do you mean that they work well with a simple passive preamp, or is there some reason to AVOID a particular Leak model preamp? Just wanted to be clear on that. I've heard a few people complain about one of the preamps, but I can't remember which one... Or why.




I'd love to have one of the Leak pre-power sets (The one you have is perfect... What a find). I rarely-listen to the radio, so a tuner wouldn't be essential, but a Stereo 50 seems like it would be perfect for my mains (I figure British speakers need a British amp/preamp), although, I'm starting to get attached to my 800C.

So, you're saying you got a pair of SFB's as well (as part of the same setup)? That's another hard-to-find model I've been wanting for a quite a while. You're talking about #1 and #2 on my wish list. Beautiful stuff.
 
Visiting with my wife's cousin from Kentucky, were crabbing on the Oregon coast. Wifes cousin just gave me a " Leak Point One, and a tube Leak pre amp. Never seen these and didn't hesitate to except the gift.

Educate me on what I'm about to receive.

Dirk
 
Back
Top Bottom