• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

List of Absurd Prices for Items - Fun thread for obviously enthusiastic expectations


I see joker prices for the Paragon all the time. Median sale price is closer to 12k in big auctions. Not to mention, this one needs cabinetry work and the woofers need to be refoamed.

Some Paragons have been listed on eBay for four years at stupid prices (usually in excess of 20k). Suppose someone in '22 netted 12k selling. S&P 500 inflation-adjusted total return in that time is 76% to today. He'd just about have 22k.
 
I love finding out more about “one owner” equipment.

Usually it means “I bought it from the family of the deceased original owner, according to the people at the estate sale” or similar.

If the original owner isn’t handing you the equipment, it’s no longer “one owner” and the value of buying it from the person who can tell me all of the history is not there, … it’s just used gear.
 
Pro Linear (Vancouver) speakers with price drop from $600 to $450.

I have a pair of these exact same ones and they rank among the worst sounding speakers I've ever heard. I payed $60 for mine, which was $50 too much!

Stage 2 Speakers.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom