• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

List of Mosfet power amps

SUMO Andromeda II/III (not the original version. Basically if it looks like a bigger Polaris, it's MOSFET)
 
Pretty sure the Sanyo P-55 Plus is MOSFET...
Excellent sounding amp,especially when paired w/the matching C-55 Plus preamp.
Probably Sanyo's best effort @ making high quality gear.

JM2¢

Bret P.
 
My Hafler P-225 is MOSFET based,
as is my Music Hall Mambo integrated Class A.


View attachment 1495491

I have a P230 that's the spittin' image, I wonder if it's MOSFET?

EDIT: Looks like it is. Found this in a sale listing:

"[the P230] Looks like a DH220 but is a Pro Model. All P230's were factory built. This amp has 12 Mosfet transistors like a n XL280 , it also features the same size beefed up transformer as the XL280."

Apparently the DH220 and DH500 are MOSFET as well.
 
I have a P230 that's the spittin' image, I wonder if it's MOSFET?

EDIT: Looks like it is. Found this in a sale listing:

"[the P230] Looks like a DH220 but is a Pro Model. All P230's were factory built. This amp has 12 Mosfet transistors like a n XL280 , it also features the same size beefed up transformer as the XL280."

Apparently the DH220 and DH500 are MOSFET as well.
https://hafler.com/history.php Looks like a lot were.

And a quick look via google and Audiogon, eBay and DIYaudio makes it look like your p230 is indeed.

EDIT: and now I see your edit where you found the same thing.

DH200 also, (see Ken Rockwood review via google) and my P225 which is also a Pro model DH220. I forget what the difference between my 225 and your 230 is.
 
Last edited:
I always thought Hafler was a good choice for both home and commercial systems. They don't hold up as well as other amps, but then they don't cost that much either.
 
Soundcraftsmen made wonderful mosfet amps. I don't know all the model numbers but all of the Pro Power series were mosfet, PCR-800, and I think all the PM-xxxx series are mosfet. They are extremely well built, bullet proof and sound great. I have a A2801. It's 140W per channel into 8 Ohms, 200W into 4 ohms.
 
My Soundcraftsmen A2502 MOSFET amp is the only piece in my my system that hasn't changed in the last 20 years at least twice. 125wpc@8ohm/250wpc@4ohm, bulletproof. Not idiot-proof, however. Mine had been pretty much gutted before I got it, but MTX Audio had the repair contract at the time, and $200 brought it back to factory specs. It might get replaced in my main system sometime, but it will not be sold. I like it!

And before anybody mentions MOSFET Haze, I can't hear it over the tube hiss from my pre anyway....
 
Audio by Van Alstine has been building MOSFET power amps, and hybrids with a tube voltage amp stage and a MOSFET output stage, since at least the early 1990s. I've heard a number of them and found a lot to like in every model.
 
Back
Top Bottom