• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Log out, log in anomaly - change bookm@rk to https

I have reported my findings and interpretations to site admin. Maybe our work can help them. I don't have access to the requisite tools and controls myself.

Rich P
Happily, the threads which did work before continue to work fine.
Honestly, most threads did work.
The major hang up areas were the “what are you listening to and on which speakers” thread under the “members systems” and then most of the threads in the “music forums” section.
 
Happily, the threads which did work before continue to work fine.
Honestly, most threads did work.
The major hang up areas were the “what are you listening to and on which speakers” thread under the “members systems” and then most of the threads in the “music forums” section.
Lots of content linked from non-https sites.

Rich P
 
Lots of content linked from non-https sites.

Rich P
Cautiously saying that it’s still working and I’ve used the dreaded home button just to press my luck. No log outs and no blips otherwise. I’ll post here again in an hour with any changes (if any happen.)
 
@pustelniakr, I tried your work-around, and though it provides a few minutes of site use without repeated log-outs, the issue persists. Thank you for working towards fixing the issue(s) at hand.
 
OS, browser and browser version please.

Rich P
Whatever y'all did, as soon as I switched to the "https" URL, I am being logged out incessantly, and the site has become unusable. While I was using the unsecure URL, all was well. I have tried all available suggestions, and followed all available directions. The devices affected are an iPad Pro running Safari on iOS 12.1.4 and a Mac Mini running Mojave 10.14.3 with Safari 12.0.3.
 
Last edited:
After a few hours, the sign in issue reared it’s head again. I’ll go back to the link and reload the site. But yes the issue still lurks out in the weeds.
 
Last edited:
I am attempting to help you. Not the other way around. I have already reported my observations to the site admins. I am seeking your observations.

Rich P
Was thinking this was a group effort Rich. Possible I might have some insight based upon your experiment? And being that your results are what they are, well...makes your OS and browser extraordinarily pertainent.

Not sure what your big secret is but whateves. Carry on.
 
@Te-Te

I was able to reproduce the behavior that you are experiencing on my IPad (IOS 9.3.5) as well as Elaine's (IOS 12.1.1). If I go to "What are Listening to Right Now. . ." and either refresh the page, or go to the AK home page I get logged out. Changing the search engine does not change this behavior in my case. This also happens using Chrome on the IPads. Very frustrating! I do not experience this on my laptop running Win7 Pro with either Chrome, or Firefox.

-Dave
 
@Te-Te

I was able to reproduce the behavior that you are experiencing on my IPad (IOS 9.3.5) as well as Elaine's (IOS 12.1.1). If I go to "What are Listening to Right Now. . ." and either refresh the page, or go to the AK home page I get logged out. Changing the search engine does not change this behavior in my case. This also happens using Chrome on the IPads. Very frustrating! I do not experience this on my laptop running Win7 Pro with either Chrome, or Firefox.

-Dave
That's interesting, there are many other threads I get logged out on also. I hope this kind of information helps.
Thank's Dave for checking that out. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top Bottom