• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

looking for users manual for Pilot 240 integrated amplifier

philips fx82

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi to everyone, I am looking for a copy of the operators manual for a Pilot 240 integrated amplifier
my thanks in advance
 
Register to hide this ad
Are you wanting t know how it works or are you looking for voltages? Schematic are not really needed when replacing parts or recapping but they do come in handy for finding correct voltages or scoping out an item.
 
I just want to know how it works. There is a hookup on the back for am/fm tuner and another for multiplex. I am a little confused on these

thanks
 
I would guess the input for fm/am is for the old simulcast stereo (one side am and the other fm) and multiplex is for the standard modern fm stereo. Is it one or two multiplex inputs ( left and right)?
 
Just looked at a pic on the web: fm/am, multiplex or aux will do the same thing. You can plug any line level output (tape deck, tuner, CD player, computer, iPod, etc...) to any of these.
 
yeah this one predates common FM stereo. Wasn't uncommon to have an AM/FM input for simulcast stereo, or just share a position and use the channel selector to pick your AM tuner or FM tuner for mono operation. Multiplex would be the FM multiplexer. Mating gear for this probably would have been a Pilot 580 AM/FM tuner, and eventually a model 100 or 200 FM multiplex adapter.

Either way, the inputs are functionally identical.
 
Hi
Old thread, but I have a similar question. I'm trying to hook up my Pioneer receiver to my Pilot 240 to use the FM tuner. I'm using the pre-out on the Pioneer, setting it to FM-Auto and plugging into the Multiplex on the Pilot, but I'm only getting sound out of one channel. Is that what's expected? Or should it be coming through both channels? I thought Multiplex split the signal into both channels.

Update: consider this one user error. I had been switching speakers around and my right speaker ground was not attached correctly. Once I hooked it up, I'm getting FM stereo now.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom