• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

LS360, LS320 and CS350 plus subwoofer

KingRT

Active Member
Banned
Would you set the LS320 rears and CS350 center to the (small) or (Large) setting on a home theater receiver using a subwoofer?

Crossover to 60hz or 80hz??

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
If you want to play the system at high levels the speakers are designed to be crossed over at 80 Hz.

The LS360s can be left full range and the center and surrounds should be set to small.

What sub are you using?

thanks,
Ron-C
 
The reason I ask, is when I used the automatic set up (On the receiver) it set all the speakers to (Large).
 
If you go into the setup menu of the receiver you should be able to set the front L/R to large and the other speakers to small as well as set the crossover frequency.

thanks,
Ron-C
 
If you want to play the system at high levels the speakers are designed to be crossed over at 80 Hz.

The LS360s can be left full range and the center and surrounds should be set to small.

What sub are you using?

thanks,
Ron-C

Hey Ron, I am assuming this recommendation can be applied to the newer XLS speakers (XLS360) as well, correct? :yes:

Thanks!!

Jimmy
 
My sub is a Kliptch RW- 12D.
It does not sound right with DVD music concerts.
Kind of a constant Brrrmmmm sound under the music like it cant keep up.

I believe it will be going back. I tried to go cheap and it sounds cheap.
Or maybe I am not a sub guy!
 
If you can not find a sub that sounds good with music you are better off with no sub. If you have a big amp the LS360s will produce very deep, clean, tuneful, bass.

Thanks,
Ron-c
 
Funny, I have LS 340 with a sub and also XLS320 with sub, just to add the punch I like with my music.

I love my systems and I had no issue with the sound. The phase button on the sub did help.

B.
 
XOver

Sorry to hijack but I have a question

I currently have an all Mcintosh XLS System, would the XLS340(MC402) and XCS350(MC501) need to be cut at 80Hz?

What about the XLS320s(MC252), which is a good frequency for the Xover?

I can set the frequency for each speaker differently

I am also using a Klipsch Sub, the 10 inch triangular.

Thanks
 
Yes I would limit the bass on the 320 and 340 to about 60 Hz IF you play the system loudly with film sound. Movies are not only music but very loud special effects content that contains very dynamic and impactive deep bass. The film sound can easily bottom out the woofer/midrange of the XLS320.
The 340 and 350 do not play the bottom octave, 20 to 40 hz that well so we might as well cut them off at 60 and let the sub do its job.

thanks,
Ron-C
 
If you can not find a sub that sounds good with music you are better off with no sub. If you have a big amp the LS360s will produce very deep, clean, tuneful, bass.

Thanks,
Ron-c


So far the LS360's do sound better alone on music too me. (A clean sound)
I was curious if I was the only one who thought this.

I have not given up on a sub, but I will trade up!
 
Back
Top Bottom