• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2245 Transformer

jblmar

JBL & marantz
I have a Marantz 2245 on the bench with an open primary on the transformer. Looking at the schematic, there doesn't appear to be an internal fuse. Anyone on the forums do transformer repair?
Any suggestions where to send it?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a 2245 donor. Shall I box the transformer up for you for a birthday present? Really, I'm not being a smart aleck here! It'll be a bit o bucks to ship it to NY though. I should check it first to be sure it seems viable as I don't recall if that 2245 ever got fired up. It may be Monday before I pull it out as it's time to hit the rack. I'll catch up with you then.

If anyone can provide a transformer repair place please do go ahead and post them as that's good info to know.
 
I fixed a 2235 from Georgia a while back, it had a thermal fuse. I opened up the tranny, replaced it and it's still working to this day.
 
I had a 2245 here with the same problem. After replacing the transformer, I opened the bad one up to see if there was a fuse. There was, but it was so buried, that I destroyed the transformer looking for it.

If you are very careful, you may be able to get to the fuse.

Rob
 
The fuse is buried just above the middle of the windings. If you are careful you can remove it without destroying the transformer.
 
Back
Top Bottom