• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2265 Restoration Tips Wanted

Edit: the AK database has a cap list for the 2265b. Not sure if yours is the same, but it says the 10000uF 55v caps are 35mm X 80mm. It has part numbers for a couple of substitutes. Might want to look into those.
They are in fact 35mm x 80mm and I will Steven! And thanks for the tip on the database - was not aware of that resource!

Thanks for the link to the article MBuras - I'll be reviewing that shortly! :thumbsup: I kind of suspected that these were not relative to audio but I'm new, so I wasn't certain.
 
I had my 2265 restored few years ago.
I asked my technician to get a rid of all tantalium transistors, had the relay and the 2 big power caps and few other components raplaced with better parts.
Now I'm changing vellum and in need to replace the power switch, but the rest of unit works and sounds wonderful...
 
Hi
This is an excellent thread regarding restoration of 2265 and hopes this thread is still alive! Is there any cap and transistors list with current replacements for 2265? Anyone of you has any info regarding this? It would be of great help.
 
Back
Top Bottom