• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC2105 auto former

Larswork

New Member
Good day,

I’m a newbie here and not terribly technical. I have had a MC2105 for many years that has just been confirmed as needing an auto former (by Audio Classics). I gather this is a difficult part to find. They’re going to look but I’m filled with anxiety that it may not be found. Does anyone have experience to share that might ease my mind on this?

Thank you.
 
Register to hide this ad
Occasionally autoformers appear on the auction site. Set up a search for "McIntosh MC2105" and hit "Save". You will then receive an email every time something MC2105 related is listed. I've purchased a number of hard to find items that way. I would also check with Audio Classics to see if the autoformer from an MC2100 is the same part number, in which case set up another search.
 
Your lucky. We sold a new 2105 and one of the autoformers shorted with in the first year. Fortunately it was the only one ever. The owner got a new 2105 that Gordon Gow sent the next day. They also sent a new autoformer to replace the failed one.
 
Good day,

I’m a newbie here and not terribly technical. I have had a MC2105 for many years that has just been confirmed as needing an auto former (by Audio Classics). I gather this is a difficult part to find. They’re going to look but I’m filled with anxiety that it may not be found. Does anyone have experience to share that might ease my mind on this?

Thank you.
I think that there are a few individuals, that can rewind the transformer. When the search engine on this site is back up, you can find the info.
 
Last edited:
The Audio Autoformer is a totally different animal. Just wait for a unit on Ebay. It could be tomorrow or years from now.
Or you can skin the cat then take the proceed and get another one.
 
Back
Top Bottom