• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC2205 to match with Sonic Frontiers SFL-1?

Register to hide this ad
I see no problem.Just check the input impedance for the MC2205.It is better if it is 10 K ohms or higher.I have been using that preamp with a MC-252 for years and like them very much.Cheers
 
I see that the Mc-2205 has an input impedance of 100 K.They should match well I would think.
I overlooked one thing: I have a turntable and this SFL-1 has no phono stage. Are there any tube pre with phono stage that's in the price range of SFL-1?
 
Many users of this model praises the direct input being much better sound than other inputs. I don't know what is direct input, is there anything bypassed, and why this gives better sound?
 
That is what I like about a line stage preamp. My main tt now is a Music Hall 9.1,Hana SL cart and a Fosgate Signature phono stage.2nd tt at the moment is a Pioneer PL-518,Ortofon 2M Blue and a Project Tube Box S Phono stage.Cheers
 
The balance,Input select and few other things are bypassed.Sound improved?Not sure but I like it. I have tried various AT-7 tubes but the Mullard M8162 sounds the best to me.
 
Back
Top Bottom