• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC501 vs MC452 vs MC402

I have spoken with two dealers both who have heard all three amps and whose opinion I trust. Both rank them the same, MC501s best, MC452 next, and then MC402. Both still feel the MC402 represents the best bargain. Both know I have the MC501s and are not trying to sell me anything. One felt that the decision depends on the rest of the system. While he felt the MC452 is better than the MC402, the money might be better spent somewhere else in the system, like say a better CD player or such. Everyone that I have communicated with on this issue feel the MC501s are just smoother and more musical than the other two amps. The MC452 is more dynamic however. It would seem it will take the replacement for the MC501s to beat them. I have decided to sell my MC501s and wait for the replacements.
I guess you'll have to suffer with your MC252's :D. How does the MC252 compare to the bigger Mc amps you've heard/owned?
 
I guess you'll have to suffer with your MC252's :D. How does the MC252 compare to the bigger Mc amps you've heard/owned?

I use the MC252 for my surround channels. MC501s are for the front three channel. I have owned the MC402 as well. All great amps. MC252 is very close to MC402. MC 501s smoother, more bass, and more dynamic. Really the MC501s are good enough to keep 10 ten years with ease. Upgrade junkie though. What cAn I say?!
 
Back
Top Bottom