• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mirage M-1si Worth?

dennisqle

New Member
There is a pair of mint Mirage M-1si available in my area for $900. Is this a good price? Will I have trouble unloading them for that much if I ever have to sell them? Owner says they were in storage and in perfect shape.
 
Register to hide this ad
They are terrific speakers. However they are very sensitive for the placement.
Need a lot of room to breathe and love power.
I had a pair of M5si... and learned that for some reason it's very hard to sell them...so maybe you can bargain down some....
 
Excellent speakers. But you do need lots or power and lots of room. They are very room sensitive. I heard them set up correctly. I also heard them in a "small room" (20 x 14... i.e. mine) where they were horrid. Unless you have say a 30 by 20ish room, placement flexibility and have good current, I would pass.
 
Yes, the M-3/3si generally outperform the M-1/1si in most rooms. The big ones have the potential to sound better but most people don't live in those kind of spaces.

The price is great but they are often sold at fire sale prices as you need a buyer who wants them, has the room, the amp(s), a domestic situation that would allow them and lives close enough to come get them with the appropriate transportation. Easier to sell a pair of LS3/5a!
 
Back
Top Bottom