• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Moderator Volunteers?

Not moderating, just giving my opinion.
.....Victor, I've always found your posts to be matter-of-fact and non-confrontational, just like CarlV's....and, you've owned a good deal of McIntosh pieces absorbing both the positive and negative points....I think you'd do a fine job as the McIntosh Forum Moderator.....

.....considering MasterLu has owned virtually every piece of McIntosh made available in the last 10 years, I think Ivan would do a fine job as the McIntosh Moderator also, with MUCH hands-on experience.....

.....then there's PHC1....I think Serge would do a VERY commendable job at WHATEVER he decided to take on....and, has owned MUCH equipment and ended up settling with McIntosh.....

.....I guess it should boil-down to which person wants the position the most....the one wanting it the most couldn't help but probably do the best job.....

.....sure do hate to see CarlV step-down, though....I raise a grape soda toward my monitor in his behalf.....
 
Nice post Mulester7 :)

I agree, Masterlu and PHC1 would both be fantastic moderators. There are also many others here who would be great at the job. :yes: That's why I like it here so much, the quality of the people make AK what it is. :thmbsp:
 
A couple of things I would like to point out that NT did not.

Moderators are expected to check in on their forums at least once a day.

This position is much more then a title. A moderator is expected to moderate.

This is work and has a way of burning folks out on the board. If it becomes too much
we ask that you step down rather then waiting for us to remove you.

A moderator cannot be affiliated with nor a dealer for the products that the forum is about. This would eliminate Ivan from the available position.

Just want to make sure that no one gets into this position thinking its all fun and games. We take moderating AK very seriously and expect our moderators to as well.
That's not to say you cannot have fun in the process. Moderators set the tone for their forums. It is what you make of it. Thank you to those that have stepped forward. If you're still considering throwing your hat in please do so soon.

One last thing. To those that suggest no moderator I am sorry to say no. AK is a moderated site. Without their guidance it would very quickly turn in to a no-mans land. We will not allow that !

Grumpy
 
To add to Dave’s comments on moderating:

(Please note, I'm not a moderator on AK, I am a moderator for a couple of Yahhell groups for machine tools and 4X4 stuff, as is my wife at a music forum for a band she likes)

A Moderator does not necessarily need to know all about the subject. A moderator guides the discussions and polices issues. Frankly, most moderation work is akin to police work. Convince people to behave as best you can, and warn or “arrest” (Ban or suspend) people who won’t behave.

The best moderators are nearly invisible. Confrontational moderators often cause more havoc that they solve. I’ve seen both extremes. On the sights I moderate, I’m most often seen posting and the members rarely see what or when I have to take action.

To whoever accepts the position, good luck to you.

To CarlV, Good luck with all your free time! I haven’t had a chat with you in some time; I’ll have to see if you still haunt the chat room one of the evenings…
 
A couple of things I would like to point out that NT did not.

Moderators are expected to check in on their forums at least once a day.

This position is much more then a title. A moderator is expected to moderate.

This is work and has a way of burning folks out on the board. If it becomes too much
we ask that you step down rather then waiting for us to remove you.

A moderator cannot be affiliated with nor a dealer for the products that the forum is about. This would eliminate Ivan from the available position.

Just want to make sure that no one gets into this position thinking its all fun and games. We take moderating AK very seriously and expect our moderators to as well.
That's not to say you cannot have fun in the process. Moderators set the tone for their forums. It is what you make of it. Thank you to those that have stepped forward. If you're still considering throwing your hat in please do so soon.

One last thing. To those that suggest no moderator I am sorry to say no. AK is a moderated site. Without their guidance it would very quickly turn in to a no-mans land. We will not allow that !

Grumpy

Any clear cut winner yet? All the votes counted twice? :D
 
We're through counting votes, just waiting for the last massive bribes to come in. :tresbon:

There should be an announcement very shortly.
 
I am in here most every day, and somehow missed this post.

Carl, you will be greatly missed, and have done a great job. I have witnessed problems in other AK forums that we simply have not had, thanks to you. You have certainly earned the right to now just enjoy what goes on here.

Salute to Victor. Thanks for volunteering!!!

I vote yes!!
 
Thanks, I'm not going anywhere. It is time, and fun for most of it. Starting off this forum and making something of it was a great experience.

I will not miss the days you spend an hour and then some doing the biz before you get to reading the posts. :yes:



Carl
 
How come we don't get a spell bounding televised debate on PBS before the election results?

All the candidates dressed in their Sunday best being grilled by the panel of experts, CarlV, Negotiableterms, and Grumpy - that would be great TV.

All kidding aside - Thank you Carl, and thanks to the folks who volunteered to take over CarlV's position.
 
The votes are in, and the new McIntosh moderators are...

Victor and Joyce (jcmjrt)!

Victor brings his knowledge of current Mc gear, and Joyce has restored vintage Mc gear, so between them, the waterfront is covered.

I'll be hanging around, doing little (as usual) and of course, we're slowly converting all the mods into Mc fanatics.

Now, the next steps are that I have to figure out how to change Victor's access masks and other high-tech drivel, which I'll probably get wrong, so he'll show up as a mod shortly, and in stages as I work through vBulletin's cryptic control panels later today... either that or he'll suddenly be in charge of the new knitting forum... wish him luck!


Many thanks to everyone who volunteered. It's great to see that there are more folk willing to step up and keep the lights on!
 
The votes are in, and the new McIntosh moderators are...

Victor and Joyce (jcmjrt)!

Victor brings his knowledge of current Mc gear, and Joyce has restored vintage Mc gear, so between them, the waterfront is covered.

Congratulations to both, and to the Mc forum. Carls shoes are tough to fill, but I can't imagine better choices for this role.

.... we're slowly converting all the mods into Mc fanatics.

Ain't that the truth! Didn't realize I was getting caught up in a conspiracy. :)
 
Yup, yer gonna wind up with a Mc stack and an iPod. Resistance is futile.

Well, the iPod idea might be a bit of a stretch. But judging what I have been listening to recently, some blue metered gear might be in my future.
I can't believe I just said that.....:scratch2:
:D
 
Back
Top Bottom