• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished reading 16 pages of posts for Zilch. Ever since the news was released of Evan being quite ill I would check the thread for any updates to his condition. Unfortunately I wasn't able to check AK the past couple of days and the first thing I saw this AM was this thread. I never knew the man personally, like others I did exchange a couple of PMs seeking guidence.

I cannot fathom the number of people hurting today, suffering through such a great loss. Alot of wonderful things have been said here about Zilch; some things shared by those that were closer to him so all of us get a better understanding of what Zilch did for others. For those who have shared I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is comforting to know that Evan was not alone in his final days. It was truly a blessing that Chris was there to help Evan onto his next journey... true friends are hard to come by.

It is with sadness I say rest in peace to you Evan. My condolences to Evan's family, Chris, and all the Zilch fans out there.

There will be no music here today. :tears:
 
I never knew him but I read a lot of his posts and I could tell that he was a kind and generous man. He will be missed. RIP.
 
Sad news indeed. Following along with his work has been a part of my daily routine for the past couple years, and it never ceased to amaze me how generous he was with his knowledge. He will be sadly missed by many, but his legacy will live on.
 
I'd really hoped this wasn't the way we were headed. Zilch is a guy who made a difference. Every condolence to his family, and his many many friends.
 
I knew that Zilch was "under the weather", but I had no idea it was this bad.

Zilch will be missed greatly by all.

:angel:

Scott
 
I have not ventured into the realm of building my own speakers, but I read a lot of Zilch's posts over the last year and was always impressed with his knowledge and ability to convey his knowledge in a form that I could understand. As echoed many times before, he will be missed. RIP
 
This is terrible news. Condolences to his familly and friends and may he be remembered for everything he has contributed to our hobby.

Godspeed!

az
 
It occurred to me that Our Lord, especially around Christmas, probably listens to Advents, and He can most likely afford as many pairs as He wants. I don't know Zilch's take on spirituality, but 255 people seem to believe he belongs in Heaven. Make that 256. In which case, somewhere, there is an argument going on about stacking. :smoke:


:D
 
I was (and still am) with the Ewave thread from the begining and I must say, that thread, combined with his "Quick and Dirty" threads over on LHF taught me more about loudspeakers than anything else. His monster thread over there raised a few hackles with the purists, and I believe is what started the DIY forum there.

This is a terrible loss, fortunately his many monster threads are out there teaching still....:thmbsp:

Russellc
 
I remember not too long ago when I had purchased my JBL 4430's that I had placed my 4312b's on top of them and posted this in my thread about my 4430's. Not long after that post Zilch informed me "NO STACKING" :nono: lol I will always remember that.

I'm blasting Sultans Of Swing through them right now in his honor.
 
Rest in Peace Zilch

And may God bless, console, and strengthen his family and friends

My morning just became very somber
 
I never met Zilch in person, but enough came through from his postings here on AK that reading the title of this thread felt like being sucker-punched in the gut. AK has lost a valuable member, and the world has lost a good person. We are all a little bit diminished by his passing, as we were all enriched by his having been here. His memory will live on through the wisdom and insights he shared, and the character he showed.

Condolences to those who knew him and were close to him.

Rest in Peace, Evan.

this mirrors my sentiments here as a relative newbie, and 2/3 of the country away. I loved his dedication to data. it stings too, as I lost my grandmother quite suddenly to lung cancer in '94.

don't really know anything about him, but I always imagined him in my head as a guy kinda like "the dude" in the big lebowski, but instead of a rug bringing the room together, it was a pair of JBL's...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom