• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like a million voices cried out. There has been a disturbance in the force!!

Evan "May the Force be with you":tears:
 
It is clear by reading all these posts that Zilch really made an impact on many people here at AK, and that is a good indicator of a life well lived IMHO.

Well done, Zilch. You will be missed.
 
Look out, God...your favorite speakers are about to be eWaved. Rest assured Zilch will patiently explain to you exactly what was done & how it works...and he'll be sure to let you sit in the sweet spot.

RIP, Evan.
 
Awww, man... :tears:

I'm going to print out Zilch's post assigning #33 & 34 to my Indignias and paste it inside the cabs, so they never become the subject of a "Mystery Speaker" thread.

Thanks for everything, Zilch. :)
 
Awww, man... :tears:

I'm going to print out Zilch's post assigning #33 & 34 to my Indignias and paste it inside the cabs, so they never become the subject of a "Mystery Speaker" thread.

Thanks for everything, Zilch. :)

I like that idea.. I think I'll do the same with my Barziwaves. A great tribute!
 
I knew Zilch must have been very ill as he hadn't posted in quite a while. Nevertheless, this is one giant kick in the gut. Over my years at AK, I shared several PMs with him while I was building my Indignias (Zilch assigned serial numbers 5 & 6!) and in my attempt to improve some speakers via bypass capping. May we all strive to share as much as he did and try to do it in his selfless manner.

One fond recollection: Zilch saw a picture I posted of some DIY speakers my son built for the party room at "Swimmer House" at his college. Zilch, saw the pic and PM'd me regarding his concern for various building and safety code issues he had noticed in the pics.

RIP, my friend and my most profound condolences to his friends and family. Tough to imagine a world without that little bit of brightness provided so often and to so many by one incredibly talented and nice guy.
 
Somebody asked for a pic, I think this is Chris and Evan from the left in this pic taken from LHS.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1423s.jpg
    IMG_1423s.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 390
I didn't personally know him but like so many others here we are related by loudspeaker and he will be missed and fondly remembered for his patient and gentle knowlegable guidance.
Fair Passage, gentle soul.
 
Last edited:
Very nice comments everyone, keep it up.
I pulled at my L100s last night in honor of Zilch.
I found them "fake but fun" (and, unfortunately, they made me a bit sad).
We lost a good soul . . .
 
Aww...no...:tears:

He was always helpful and full of good information.

My condolences to his friends and family.
 
An interesting man indeed- sorry to hear this.

I bet his family would value a printout of this thread, to know how much he meant to so many people.
 
Wow,

We have lost a great teacher.

My condolences to the family.

I'll fire up my two sets of EWaves tonight and think of the man.
 
RIP Zilch. That just sucks.

So today I log into a motorcycle forum I am on a lot and find out an engine builder friend died this weekend of cancer. In fact one of my engines is at his house and now I need to see how to collect it. SUCKS!!! RIP Russ. Then come here and read this :tears: RIP Zilch. Last weekend went to a funeral from my brothers wife whom just died of cancer. RIP Linda. Three people I knew or knew of passing to cancer in a week. Hard to take.

Enjoy the time you have here to the fullest people.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom