• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad loss. Rest in peace, Z. What is his name? I want to know because now I will be building another pair of Indignias in his honor, this time for my daughter... and I will paint them white instead of black.
I am being divorced and when I move I will take the Normans in my daughter's room with me and build Indignias for her. This is a much-needed new beginning for me so it is very fitting.
 
I'd just like to add to my previous post that I thought Zilch was much younger from his writing style - I would have guessed mid forties, tops. Truly an inspiration.
 
You will be missed ! One person who gave so much of his time to all of us !

The audio world has lost a True Friend ! Along with Family & Friends

R.I.P. Evan !


More Data Less Wank - The Zilchster !
 
Last edited:
I never knew him, never got the chance to even speak to him via this forum. I have only read many many of his interesting and helpful posts over the past month or so.
First time I've felt sad about a complete stranger.

RIP.
 
Just uploaded a Zilchvid for you guys. Zilch always shied away from the camera but I managed to capture a short video of him auditioning the Econowave Deluxe for Norcal DIY last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNH23XfeVI

On behalf of Zilch, I want to thank you all for your friendship and support throughout the years. This community made just as much of a difference in Zilch's life as he made in ours. :thmbsp:
 
Zilchs' name is Evan.

Thanks. Are you from Austin? I'm thinking Mason Ruffner is from Austin, and you're the first person I know of to mention him.
Do you know Zilchster's last name? Not important... I just want to put a tribute to him on each speaker.
Also, is there still a way to order the Indignias as a kit from PE?
 
Just uploaded a Zilchvid for you guys. Zilch always shied away from the camera but I managed to capture a short video of him auditioning the Econowave Deluxe for Norcal DIY last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNH23XfeVI

On behalf of Zilch, I want to thank you all for your friendship and support throughout the years. This community made just as much of a difference in Zilch's life as he made in ours. :thmbsp:

That's a GREAT Video Chris !!!! Anybody know who did that cover of Boom Boom Boom Boom? What a neat guy....Love ya Zilch:yes:
 
Just uploaded a Zilchvid for you guys. Zilch always shied away from the camera but I managed to capture a short video of him auditioning the Econowave Deluxe for Norcal DIY last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNH23XfeVI

On behalf of Zilch, I want to thank you all for your friendship and support throughout the years. This community made just as much of a difference in Zilch's life as he made in ours. :thmbsp:

Interesting. Not that far off from how I imagined he might have looked based on just forum back-n-forth. Well maybe a wee bit older than I imagined but still....
 
When I posted about some JBL L100t3's I found at GW a few years back and was inquiring about their quality he was the first to respond and told me all I needed to know even posting the tech specs for me. Zilch is the reason why I have those JBL's.

What he contributed to AK cannot be ignored and his passing has left a void that will be hard to fill.

RIP, Zilch!
 
RIP Zilch. As someone who personally benefited from his sage advice and tremendous experience, I can say without a doubt that Evan will be sincerely missed. Godspeed.
 
Very sad loss. Rest in peace, Z. What is his name? I want to know because now I will be building another pair of Indignias in his honor, this time for my daughter... and I will paint them white instead of black.


Evan Flavell :sadwave:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom