• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had the pleasure of meeting the man.

Had the pleasure (as many of us have) of gaining knowledge from him so many times that it felt like I actually did know him.

His influence for us will go forth for years in what he has contributed here :thmbsp:

For his family and close friends, he truly gave and we are all better for it.

RIP Zilch
 
Had the pleasure of meeting Evan on a few occasions and in a group setting. It was quite obvious who was the smartest guy in the room! Many do not know that he held at least a couple of patents and was a dedicated public servant! His house has one of the most beautiful views I have had the pleasure to see! He will be sorely missed! RIP Zilchster!
 
Thank you to make us (trough the technical and human aspect of speaker design) love the music as it was played, in the search of realism, sense of being there.

You helped us to attain the sonic nirvana... with budget! I hope that the zilchlab.com site wil continue the legacy.

Music, alyays music, only music!

Zilch, music lover thank you.

My condoleance to his family and friends.

RIP

Serge
 
Thanks for all the enthusiasm for DIY audio and helping me get into speaker building. I will think of you every time I am in my theater.

I will put the last four boards you sent me to good use...don't worry.

You will be missed.

RIP Zilch.
 
I am playing a very nice version of "Amazing Grace" on my new Frankenspeakers for you Mr. Zilch :tears:

I hope you enjoy.

Someday soon I will play it for you on my new E-Waves that I am building in your honor.

You are dearly missed my good man!
 
This has saddend me immensely. Zilch spent a great deal of time giving to the AK community - driving the whole econowave project as well as taking time to answer random silly questions from raw novices (e.g. me). I was unaware of his illness but I hope, at least, that it was relatively quick and fairly painless (hard to say with cancer). He will be missed.

I propose we rename the 'Loudspeakers' forum to the Zilch Memorial Loudspeakers Forum.

RIP Zilch.
image.php


-D
 
Last edited:
I feel honored to have known of him and his work. I can only imagine what it would have been to be his friend. Godspeed.
 
RIP Zilch. Never had the pleasure of speaking to him but I have benefited from his posts here and am very grateful for his contributions to our hobby. Thank you Zilch.
Jordan
 
It seems that Evan was involved with some really groundbreaking hi tech stuff in earlier years. He has several patents if you do a little digging. He was also associated with the UC Berkely Swim Team and invented the machine in the previous post. I think he was a conditioning coach for them at one time. I also found this http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=8821

I would have loved to have met him in person. RIP Evan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom