• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really interacted with him, but his info was great. too bad I wasn't here earlier to learn more... RIP Zilch...
 
Did he get to hear a pair at Mr. Widget's bash?

I sure did. Oh man, those were amazing. Evan was more impressed with the Array 1400's. Probably because he wanted to take a crack at building his own version for much less money! :thmbsp:
 
Just found out via AVS and just want to thank everyone involved.

Zilch, I'm missing ya already. I think you've succeeded in getting many of us learned in one way or another. So, onward to more learnin!

Thanks Zilch. Cheers.
 
It has been a couple of days now since I heard the news and I am still bummed out. I didn't know Zilch personally but he was a big part of the AK family and in that sense I really feel his loss.

It's weird - I don't know you guys personally but I really like you anyway. I think that our mutual love of music and high fidelity tells me just about everything that I need to know about you.

I'm surprised that I'm so affected by Zilch's passing but comforted that I'm in such good company.

I just had to get that off my chest.
 
It's weird - I don't know you guys personally but I really like you anyway. I think that our mutual love of music and high fidelity tells me just about everything that I need to know about you.

Probably the same sentiment that Zilch embraced himself, proven by the fact that he so unselfishly shared his wealth of knowledge and passion with our community for us to keep learning and sharing!

Great words rushfan!
 
Now that Zilch has left us, I’ve been charged with the task of keeping the Zilchlab legacy alive. We’ve registered the domain of www.zilchlab.com but regrettably I’ve not had a chance to get much done since he was diagnosed a few months back. That is going to change. Zilch is survived by the untiring spirit of DIY speaker building and the pursuit of accurate data. This is a "No BS Zone".

RIP Zilch.

But I've got to ask, no bs zone? Why am I always being excluded?

bs
 
Zilch is ever present in my living room; a big piece of him resides in my ewaves.

He's made me laugh while (unintentionally) scorning me in PM's and replies to posts.

I'm literally holding back the tears.

Chef
 
RIP Zilch . . . I never met you, we never exchanged posts, but based on what I've read here about you, and by you in your posts, I sure wish I had . . .
 
I'll be thinking of you tonight Zilch when I fire up the Altec 19's as your Z19 xo design made it possible. I wish you could have had a look at'em. I think you would have liked how they turned out and how they sound.
 
What a loss. He clearly touch a lot of lives and is going to be missed in this world.
 
Sad to hear of Evan's passing. Clearly he touched many lives in this (nearly) anonymous forum.

I had plenty of coaching from him on my Indignia build and appreciated the patient and thoughtful replies and PMs I received. I'd planned to give the pair I built away, but now I'm not sure I want to part with them.

RIP Zilch.
 
Wow i had no idea he was ill.
He was that guy i would read what he wrote no matter the subject and trust his opinion.
Never met or even chatted online with him but will miss his insights.
To his family and friends i'm very sorry for your loss.



cheers Ziltch
 
Wow...just read this thread...this is so sad. I had no idea he was ill. I visited Zilchlab last year when Chris and Evan were building a pair of e-waves using the Advent woofers, and they were having so much fun! I meant to visit a few more times and never made it back. RIP Zilch!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom