• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Most expensive tube amplifiers etc. ;^)

Register to hide this ad
Man, I'm glad to report that with the exception of the Audio Notes and one or two others in there, none of those amps do much for me!
 
I've heard the Gaku-Ons before...yes, they're badass, but I'm not sure they're $125,000 worth of badass :)
 
Nate, AtmaShpere is local to us.... I had a tour wrangled for myself about a year ago but nothing came of it. I like their philosophy, and you'd appreciate what they do with Empire tables, too.
 
I've heard a pair of AtmaSphere amps. They were very very nice but it wasn't a mind blowing experience. But if you have the means, knock yourself out. They certainly didn't sound 'worse' than anything I've heard, just not head and shoulders better for the cost. But it was a local audio club meeting in a non-ideal room with Totem speakers that, however good, were kind of outclassed by the rest of the system in the size of room they were in...maybe at home I would have been blown away.
 
Nate, AtmaShpere is local to us.... I had a tour wrangled for myself about a year ago but nothing came of it. I like their philosophy, and you'd appreciate what they do with Empire tables, too.
I've been through their "factory" and was duly impressed. :yes: That's where the Empire name first registered in my brain, too. I made a mental note to keep an eye out for one and it's been downhill ever since!
 
This is well known marketing trick for many people assuming skyrocket price have something to do with rocket-level science or technology. Another type of fetishism :scratch2: may be.
 
Came across this site by accident today. Thought people would find it interesting. Amazing what some people have to spend on audio gear :yes:

http://www.higherfi.com/amplist/amplist.htm

For only $600,000 the amp below looks pretty nice eh? :scratch2:

Cheers

Lar

That looks almost as good as Jay's NC preamp is gonna look when he's done with it. I wonder if Jay's going to try that amp when he's done with his pre. :D
 
Gold plating does nothing but throw money on it. A gold plated turd is still a turd. Even if this is good, it cost 20-30x too much.
 
I like the one at the top, the Pivetta Opera. It's got casters and a extension cord caddy on the bottom so I can wheel it outside and listen while I'm cutting the lawn with an electric mower. That alone makes it worth 650K. Maybe I could get casters on the Transmission Audio Ultimates ($2,000,000 from the same site) and really get "the sound" on the lawn.
 
It's amazing- these amps are pure over-the-top. I was thinking a while back that highend audio was in danger of pricing itself into oblivion until I saw that there are over 2000 billionaires in China alone. I now understand. I really feel I am slumming it with a Jadis JA-500.

Peter Breuninger, TAS
 
All that dough..

..and they haven't updated there homepage in ten years. Yep there is some nice looking stuff there.
For $600,000.00 I think you should either be able to live in it, or at the very least drive it !
 
If I was worth a Billion, it would mean nothing for me to have some of that stuff. Hell the cables to hook all the stuff up would be more than most people's houses. That first amp used a special 480 volt plug that we use on welders at the plant.
 
Ultrasound Otello Stereo amp for only $600,000.00, I was about to click add to cart until I saw there was only one made, I really wanted two.:D

The sad thing is the people who can afford this stuff like CEO's of huge corporations are getting the money by ripping others off.
 
Back
Top Bottom