• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Movie Endings That Caught You By Surprise.

Wild Things. Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon, Denise Richards, Nev Campbell.

This movie had numerous surprises... all the way through. If you haven't seen this one....
 
No Country for Old Men was a surprise. I'd not read the book and knew nothing about it except the trailer.

The scene at the motel, Me: "Wut?".
Wild Things. Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon, Denise Richards, Nev Campbell.

This movie had numerous surprises... all the way through. If you haven't seen this one....

teeth
 
1975 - A Boy And His Dog, based on a novella by Harlan Ellison. I knew how it ended, but my wife had no idea. She burst out laughing at the ending while everyone else in the theater sat in stunned silence. Truly priceless!
 
I'm glad someone mentioned The Crying Game. What a shock.

I'm much more surprised at the mention of The Carnival Of Souls. I saw that movie when I was 10 years old. I was so freaked out by it that I had trouble sleeping for about 3 nights. That was an unexpected ending. It fascinated me to find out in the last decade that it is a cult movie. It is one of a kind.
 
1975 - A Boy And His Dog, based on a novella by Harlan Ellison. I knew how it ended, but my wife had no idea. She burst out laughing at the ending while everyone else in the theater sat in stunned silence. Truly priceless!

"You know, I really kind of liked her....."

Asides:

I really love this film, it is one of my all time favorites. I have two films that I use as standards. ABAHD for the minimum level of "good" an independent film production should be. It moves forward on story, writing, acting, and not effects or jump cuts. Sure, you can poke all kinds of holes in it and call out the cheese but you can't deny the film works.

The other is Battle: Los Angeles w/ Aaron Eckhart. It is not a great movie by any stretch clocking in barely at 5.8 on IMDB. However, I can watch it all the way through without groaning and in the end go "Not terrible, I kinda enjoyed it in parts." So now when I get a film from redbox it has to make the BLA margin, 5.8, or I pass. So far it's been spot on.
 
Wild Things. Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon, Denise Richards, Nev Campbell.

This movie had numerous surprises... all the way through. If you haven't seen this one....

The first time I saw it I was quite sure of how predictable it would be. I was very wrong and it is a great neo-noir film with real turns.

The second point is that it underscores is what a colossal moron Charlie Sheen is/was, not that anyone needed further proof -

Alice+Olivia+Arrivals+Spring+2011+MBFW+D45d9pkNMZal.jpg
 
The first time I saw it I was quite sure of how predictable it would be. I was very wrong and it is a great neo-noir film with real turns.

The second point is that it underscores is what a colossal moron Charlie Sheen is/was, not that anyone needed further proof -

Alice+Olivia+Arrivals+Spring+2011+MBFW+D45d9pkNMZal.jpg

OH yeah... Miss Denise... she can catch me by surprise anytime!

And Charlie Sheen... wow.. did he ever prove that he's a moron.
 
IF I remember correctly, Johnny Depp's "Secret Window" had a surprise ending, didn't it? It's been a while since I saw it...and kinda remember there was a twist at the finish. Right?

Q2
 
"The Last Wave"
A Peter Weir film, in which Richard Burton is an Australian lawyer who gets assigned to what appears to be an Aboriginal tribal murder case, and he winds up becoming deeply entwined in the spiritual aspect of their culture. They don`t provide a clearly-defined ending to the film, they leave it up to the individual viewer to interpret the finale`....

That description reminds me of Walkabout, suitable for inclusion here, I think.
 
Back
Top Bottom