• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Movie Endings That Caught You By Surprise.

Tom Cruise, Oblivion...he was cloned by the Thousands and basically exterminated the Human Race..
The Village and The Sixth Sense...
 
Lawman ... Bert Lancaster ... **** warning it's rough scene to watch ****

.

1. Why did he kill the running man? .... disgust or anger?
2, Was not expecting Lee J Cobb's character to respond like that ... took me by surprise at the time (originally watched in mid 70's).
Being older now with more life experience, it's more understandable.

IMHO ... the ending can make or break a movie ... takes it up or down a notch.
The actions of the characters in this final scene can only be understood if you carefully
listen to the dialog throughout the film & apply some critical thinking.
 
Last edited:
Jurassic World. ;)

logo_official_JW.jpg
 
The village.

Half the theater walked out (including me) when we found out it was current times.
Felt cheated.

Worst movie I've seen.
 
Another western I remember ... Posse 1976 w/ Kirk Douglas & Bruce Dern .... the promo stated ... It begins like all westerns and ends like no other

.... that was no overstatement ... really did not see the ending coming.


Bruce Dern stole the show on this one ... he had the best lines in the movie.
"Trying to ride into the White house on top of my dead body .... Mr that's pure unadulterated Horseshit and they got enough of that in Washington already"
 
The ending to Race With The Devil ... staring Peter Fonda & Warren Oats ... still remember the gasp from the audience at the end (originally seen this film in a theater)

 
^^^
I bet if Warren Oates had the head of Alfredo Garcia in the motorhome, those cult members would have left him alone. :D
 
In my youth I use to go to the movies all the time ... I worked for movie theaters in my home town ... the best perk was being able to get into movies for free ... :banana: ... which was a great benefit for a teenager.

As a result ... I use to see the same movie numerous times ... sometimes because I just liked to listen to the audience reaction on good films ... I knew what was coming but the audience did not.

I remember the shocked reaction at the end of John Carpenters Halloween (1978) .... hard to imagine now because it become a cliche. But at the time ... it was real shocker ... up until the end, you thought you were just watching a film about lunatic killer .... but at the end ... you realize that it's probably a supernatural event. He could not have survived the gun shots by Dr Loomis.

 
Last edited:
Not a movie but a series ~Wayward Pines~ the 5th or 6th episode (can't remember which but woah!) of 10 blew my mind more than any other movie/show I've ever seen! BTW it's another Shamalyan!
 
The Revenant

Nodded off halfway through it and next thing I know, I'm getting a shake and the credits are rolling.

That qualifies as a surprise ending, don't it? <G>

I was surprised when Fatso ended. I thought it would go on forever. But for a second feature, I'd have walked out.
 
One of my all time favorite movies. How did I forget about this one?

Big hand for a little lady. First 3/4 of the movie was dead serious and the last 1/4 was a comedy. One of the greatest surprise endings.
 
Easy rider was no surprise. Hippie bike riders and red necks? That was not going to end well...........

Hey, I was a sheltered suburban kid when I saw "Easy Rider". I just didn't expect that last scene. :dunno:

If your idea of typical rural/southern behaviour is based on movies like Easy Rider or Deliverance (or even the network news), then you're still a sheltered suburbanite.

It'd be like me visiting New York and expecting to be mugged every time I stepped outside.

For me, it was Stagecoach. I couldn't believe it when the guy I thought of as the main character died. Of course, I was pretty young.
 
^^^
Boy, you sure read a lot into my one sentence saying I wasn't used to the violence and gritty realities of life. I was pretty young at that time, too.
 
Back
Top Bottom