• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Music Documentaries to Watch

50-Years-at-the-Opry-DVD-video-0841887044868_6ef9cd93-7ea2-4049-ad7a-264aa067b4f2.874b909f587d5c36b088bdfe6c629511.jpeg
 
Revival69: The Concert That Rocked The World (2022)

(It was a Canadian Thang!)

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it. It had a little bit of Festival Express to it (same promoter) without the train. Some good back stories (Lennon, Geddy attending, bikers etc). Would of been great if someone filmed the Doors?
 
View attachment 2972986
free on Prime

Had a chance to watch this last night, quite good -- thanks for recommending it
 
One of my favorite hobbies, working in the shop watching music documentaries! This first one is Kevin Bacon related, Gator rode the skateboard in the classic Petty Video Free Fallin'. Turns out his charmed life didn't end well.


We had a me-too festival in Michigan, The American Rock Festival 1984, unfortunately the road to get to the ski hill was only two lanes and the promoter was in over his head. Fun fact, I was the first (paying) snowboarder on this hill, I had to beg them to let me on, in the early 80's ski hills thought snowboarding was a joke. When I say "paying," we used to sneak in a lot of places in the middle of the night, my board was a Burton Performer Elite 150, I used to sell snowboards out of my trunk back then.


I can't watch this without signing in, I've seen it before and I think this is the one? The Texxas Jam 78, most of these bands took over the 80's, Van Halen was new and hot and I think this is the concert Dave made Steve P. cry? Although I'm not positive, maybe somebody else knows.


On Pluto TV for free, it's a movie but highly recomended if like old-school punk, What We Do Is Secret (The story of the Germs).

 
View attachment 2972986
free on Prime

That was a good 3 part series. He sure went through rough family times in the 70's and 80's when he was on tour with Weather Report. It was kind of fun to watch Neil deGrasse Tyson tease him about his fairy figurine collection. Sony Rollins is sounding eloquent for a nonagenarian.
 
Meet Me In The Bathroom (2022, Dylan Southem and Will Lovelace)

Up close and personal document of The New York Music scene in the early 2000s...fantastic!!!

 
Back
Top Bottom