• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Music Related Books

Cool, didn't know this thread existed. I recently added music books to my thrift store list of things to look for but no luck yet. Would be a great addition to my music room.
 
Went to GW today. I was on the last row of books without any luck and then I spotted this from 1965 (reprint).
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7389.jpg
    IMG_7389.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 54
29905859.0.m.jpg


105697.jpg


Two by Stanley Dance...
 
Time to add a few more. The Petrusich book was a Christmas gift from my son.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7621.jpg
    IMG_7621.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7622.jpg
    IMG_7622.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 21
"We got the Neutron Bomb", a history of the LA punk scene is a great read.

I read, "Cheetah Chrome: A Dead Boy's Tale" last year. Great read too, for fans of the Cleveland scene, the New York scene, and Stiv Bators.
 
Love Comes To Buildings On Fire, about the late 70s New York music scene. Absolutely fascinating.
Follow it with Rip It Up And Start Again, about the postpunk era, and you've got more great history and perspective.
 
I got a good one....Guns, Cash, and RocknRoll. It's about the 60's and 70's rock music managers and lost $$$ for tons of bands. Popular bands. Great reading and most of these groups would have done better in the sport of boxing and dealing with Don King instead.
 
I found this at an Antique Shop, of all places. An Antique it is not, but you find stuff where you find it, and a lucky find is a lucky find regardless of where you found it. The shop was selling a rack of books for $1.00 each, probably just to get them out of the store or his home.

If you are a West Coast Jazz Fan like I am, this is a stellar read.

61LRNABwUQL._SL500_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
 
BillyBatts said:
I found this at an Antique Shop, of all places. An Antique it is notaccessible. find stuff where you find it, and a lucky find is a lucky find regardless of where you found it. The shop was selling a rack of books for $1.00 each, probably just to get them out of the store or his home.

If you are a West Coast Jazz Fan like I am, this is a stellar read.

61LRNABwUQL._SL500_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Wow Billy, and only a dollar!??! All of his books are great. If you are on Facebook look him up and add him, he's really accesible.
 
Back
Top Bottom