• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Music Related Books

Me again. Very good music book day. Found these two together in a box. The Sweet book by Steve Priest, founding band member and bassist/vocalist. It was autographed.

The Badfinger book was a limited edition of 1,000 copies and this is 627/1000. It also includes a CD. Pretty pricey. Dust jacket is damaged, but the rest is fine.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6996.jpg
    IMG_6996.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6993.jpg
    IMG_6993.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6995.jpg
    IMG_6995.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 31
I just finished reading "The Pleasure Was Ours - Personal Encounters with the Greats, the Near Greats and the Ingrates", by the late Milton and Virginia Katims. Milton was the long time conductor of the Seattle Symphony Orchestra, and was a protegé of Maestro Arturo Toscanini, and reading about the musicians he played with and for is quite interesting.
 
I keep checking GW's book section every week.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7021.jpg
    IMG_7021.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7022.jpg
    IMG_7022.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 25
I wish I could find books at goodwill or any thrift around here. If anyone is going to donate books back to goodwill let me know I will buy them if you don't mind shipping.Great rinds bobsvinyl for you I wish I had your GW. :)
 
Coming out in November...

...i'M PUMPED!!!

uncompromising-expression_9781452141442_350.jpg
 
Me again. Very good music book day. Found these two together in a box. The Sweet book by Steve Priest, founding band member and bassist/vocalist. It was autographed.

The Badfinger book was a limited edition of 1,000 copies and this is 627/1000. It also includes a CD. Pretty pricey. Dust jacket is damaged, but the rest is fine.
Wow these are impressive. My local thrift had both Elvis books by Guralnick in mint condition. Had no cash so went back two days later and somebody bought the Early Years volume but not the other. I was pissed. How could u only buy one!!?? So some meathead didn't even know what he was looking at and made off with one. Would rather have come back to neither. That event is going to haunt me, especially at 5 bucks a book!
 
Some more GW books. The two postcards were inside The Beatles book. I'm not sure if they originally came with the book or not.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7055.jpg
    IMG_7055.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 24
GW again. The RCA Radiotron Designer's Handbook is 1498 pages and is from 1953. It has a ton of info and is loaded with illustrations.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7122.jpg
    IMG_7122.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7121.jpg
    IMG_7121.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7120.jpg
    IMG_7120.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7119.jpg
    IMG_7119.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 26
GW over the last 2 weeks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7299.jpg
    IMG_7299.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7300.jpg
    IMG_7300.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7301.jpg
    IMG_7301.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 35
GW finds over the past 2 weeks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7381.jpg
    IMG_7381.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7382.jpg
    IMG_7382.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7383.jpg
    IMG_7383.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 30
GW finds over the past 2 weeks.

Holy **** Bob... both Guralnick Elvis books at a GW!!?? Were they together?? Man why would anybody who had presence of mind to buy those EVER give them up??

Your library is developing beautifully, and all on a dime. Well done man i love seeing the progress.

Still have the tube book sitting by the scanner...
 
Holy **** Bob... both Guralnick Elvis books at a GW!!?? Were they together?? Man why would anybody who had presence of mind to buy those EVER give them up??

Your library is developing beautifully, and all on a dime. Well done man i love seeing the progress.

Still have the tube book sitting by the scanner...

Heh, heh. You're going to kick me. They were together and they have been on the shelves for 2 weeks. I rolled the dice and hoped no one would buy them until the color came up on 1/2 price sale. I went in today and pink was the new color and I grabbed them. I can't believe they sat there for the 2 weeks. If I had kept the tube book, it would be sitting by my scanner instead of yours. :D
 
Heh, heh. You're going to kick me. They were together and they have been on the shelves for 2 weeks. I rolled the dice and hoped no one would buy them until the color came up on 1/2 price sale. I went in today and pink was the new color and I grabbed them. I can't believe they sat there for the 2 weeks. If I had kept the tube book, it would be sitting by my scanner instead of yours. :D
Those are some big dice, and your balls are even bigger!! Man you must be the only literate who frequents that joint. Quite the payoff for the risk... those will always be prized in your collection.
 
Back
Top Bottom