• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MY GOD!!!... Once again I kinda over do it.. :D

Last edited:
not sure where mine roll off at...But there is a thread that just came up not too long ago about wierd 4 woofer speakers i use to play that song with...and the thing is that song doesnt go as deep as some of the songs i played tehm with...but i am more then satisfied with what we have...long and low is another great tester from the same artist.

Ill take a listen to your link here shortly...
 
Cool Tunes.. I've always been Meat Beat fan.. I might even have that tune on CD.. I'll have to check..
 
NO,NO,NO,GUYS !! You want to play Emerson,Lake,& Palmers "Lucky Man" the synths in that song will challenge almost any speaker out there.Not too many can play it real loud without distorting ! But you also want to play it for obvious reasons !

OOhh what a lucky man he was.... :D :smoke:

OK time to Rock !
 
Kinda forgot about Lucky Man.. yeah, that one was pretty loaded up.. only problem is now, I can't push albums on my livingroom system. Which I happen to have that ELP on vinyl and not CD.. The table is right between the speakers.. one more problem I created.. I can still listen to it without the subs though at moderate levels..
 
Kinda forgot about Lucky Man.. yeah, that one was pretty loaded up.. only problem is now, I can't push albums on my livingroom system. Which I happen to have that ELP on vinyl and not CD.. The table is right between the speakers.. one more problem I created.. I can still listen to it without the subs though at moderate levels..
This is good. The VLF referred to does not exist on some CD issues, and i think i remember reading here on AK that some of the later vinyl releases are missing the VLF too.
 
Kinda forgot about Lucky Man.. yeah, that one was pretty loaded up.. only problem is now, I can't push albums on my livingroom system. Which I happen to have that ELP on vinyl and not CD.. The table is right between the speakers.. one more problem I created.. I can still listen to it without the subs though at moderate levels..


Yeah I have an old copy on vinyl still in great shape.That is always my test tune.If a speaker can play that cleanly at (moderate to loud) it is a good one ! :yes:

Simi seems like your going to need some serious isolation for your turntable now with those subs shaking the floor,walls,house,neighbors floor,walls,house the neighbors,neighbors,etc... :D :thmbsp:
 
So far, I really haven't cranked it up other than the first day I got it all hooked up. Don't wanna break things in the house or piss off the neighbors, but I have been enjoying movies and TV with the added LF I wasn't getting... just like being at the theater :D
 
Damn bowtie.. you weren't kidding about the Meat Beat tune.. and I didn't pay attention to the volume, and within about 4 seconds I knocked a nick knack off the wall. Thankfully it was brass.. I was running hard to get to the volume know.. DAMN!

I found something far more punishing, and I warn who ever tries it with big subs, DO NOT turn it up like they suggest at the beginning.. I was flippin watching the drivers at 8 hz.. I was pretty surprised though, when it got up to about 14khz I wasn't hearing anything.. not sure if that was the speakers, or my ears, but I know my horns are supposed to play well to around 18khz

So anyway, if anyone wants to see what their system can really do.. try this if you got a computer jacked into your system..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH_sUK7hJxE
 
I was able to hear the system in full force this weekend and all I can say is wow! The subs can really move some air, the whole house was shaking. When integrated into the system and all dialed in they really do compliment the setup. Nice work James!
 
Damn bowtie.. you weren't kidding about the Meat Beat tune.. and I didn't pay attention to the volume, and within about 4 seconds I knocked a nick knack off the wall. Thankfully it was brass.. I was running hard to get to the volume know.. DAMN!
:D

Another great test "The Great Fantasy Adventure Album" on Telarc 20bit CD-80342. Again, heed the warnings on the label your first time thru.
 
I was able to hear the system in full force this weekend and all I can say is wow! The subs can really move some air, the whole house was shaking. When integrated into the system and all dialed in they really do compliment the setup. Nice work James!

Thanks David. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with them, and once I get them veneered I know Marcia will be a little happier.

So glad you could make it over this weekend. As always, had a super great time.
 
Thanks David. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with them, and once I get them veneered I know Marcia will be a little happier.

So glad you could make it over this weekend. As always, had a super great time.

We had a great time as well. Thanks for the hospitality.....There was some great food and good drinks!
 
Hey James sounds like you made some killer subs...I think I need to audition them sometime to give you a true evaluation!! HA! HA!
 
Heard the setup myself last weekend, overall setup was dialed in nice and sound was amazing. We got to listen to a wide range of music to put it through its paces.

Awesome time as well, as usual great folks and eats. Thanks again James, was great seeing you again David.
 
Back
Top Bottom