• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NASHVILLE CL: Altec Lansing VOTT Pair $250

Register to hide this ad
I replied when he first listed them,then a few more times as well. I was wanting to look them over and if all was well I'd buy them.Either he didn't like that idea, or they went to his spam box.Shame he didn't put a phone # in his listing.
 
Maybe he was just fishing for interest? Next time you see them they'll be available for the low, low price of $850.00 or something crazy.
 
I have not dealt with this personally, but it does chap me when someone lists an item on CL at a lower than market price and when they figure out that they can get more $$$ than they were asking for, they pull and relist at a higher price!

Why not check ebay for a few days first and then price accordingly?

It would seem that if one was "computer savvy" enough to list on CL, you would know enough to check out the market price on ebay!
 
'Tis but a guess as to the items. Maybe they did sell for the offered amount.

I agree though, no reason why you cannot do a little homework. I know what my stuff is worth going rate and fire sale rate.
 
One thing I learn the hard way on our cl here is folks will give you the shaft in a heartbeat. I've bought several things said to be good but the sellers ask to meet in a parking lot rather than at their home. I stopped doing that cause so far only two items worked after getting home with them. I never got shafted from a guy willing to hook up gear before buying. I went to buy a set of large speakers for WhiteSE and the guy had them in his garage. I asked to hear them first and he got antsy.He then said ok I'll hook them up but one speaker don't sound like the other.It turned out the driver was locked up on one,no sound on that woofer either. I called Jack on my cell right there and asked him if he still wanted them and he said no, I better pass on them. I insist on hearing gear now,aint got the money or space for none working gear.
 
Hmmm.. Seller replied to me that the gear was sold. We'll have to keep our collective eyes out for it to show up again somewhere. I'm sure the seller was blanketed with emails. Reply to me only included two words: "Sorry sold".

PJ
 
Back
Top Bottom