• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New England Winter Frankenfest February 23rd Clinton MA

Thank you Frank, Peter, Don, Jim, Mike, Brandon, Dmitry, Todd, Jamal, and on and on. These folks are simply amazing. Thank you all. When is the next one?????
 
Another amazing event! It was great to see lots of familiar faces (and plenty of new ones). Looking forward to the next one.
 
Jamal ROCKS! Thanks for the help on the Snell refoaming...and thanks to Don for introducing me to Jamal! Anyway, Frank & Peter & Jim & Don...thank you for the hard work, good vibes, and general hospitality. What a great day: cool equipment, great food, superb beer, and a real feeling of belonging to the AK family. Lots of new faces...and, better yet, old friends. I'm feelin' warm all over (maybe from all the incredible lasagna I ate?)....
 
Great meeting everyone today. A good time for sure! And the wallets all stayed closed, which will keep the SO's happy. ;)

Strangely, I left with more speakers than I came with. Picked up a pair of Advent A2000 towers on the way out. Aaaaaahhhhh!

John, thanks for the use of the Bryston/Acurus setup in testing the AR3a's. watching the dust shoot out of the mids was awesome. Hope we have some new fans of organ music after that show!

Cheers.
 
Last edited:
I am nicely setup in a hotel room with a calzone right now, so I can take a minute to post!

What a blast, I know why I made the drive again! You guys are just too much fun to hang out with. Huge thanks to Peter, Frank, Jim, Don and so on (so many names!). And a big thanks to everyone who bought some of my stuff or took it home. Ended up stuck with just the Conar (surprised that didn't move!) and the post-amp. I will be trying to make the next one and I hope everyone enjoyed my little setup in the back room with the blanket fort!
 
Thanks to Frank, Peter, Jim, Don and everyone who made this another great gathering. Thanks also to those who brought cartridges to examine under my freshly completed stylus microscope. While the 'scope seems to work well, I concluded that I have to learn more about how to place the lights and how to interpret what's being seen under 200X magnification.

We saw some nice images but I couldn't say that a particular stylus looked worn or not. Since that's the whole point of looking at them, let me (try to) get smarter on that and we'll hopefully learn more during stylus inspections next time.

Eric had one of the 1952 Baruch-Lang speakers that a young MIT student named Henry Kloss built in 1952. I picked it up for my friend Dave Kloss and his son and my former student Henry "Pete" Kloss. Pete wants to get some of the audio stuff his grandfather invented and built. I found a nice KLH Model 20 system for him a few weeks ago. Dave was happy to hear of the B-L speaker coming their way. Cool, eh?

By the way, Dave helped out with the stylus scope. I was at his house on Thursday working on it. Hopefully he'll attend our next event.

Thanks again. --Dan
 
Last edited:
WOWSA!! Did anyone get a headcount?

There was a busload of new faces at this one:thmbsp:.

Heartfelt thanks to our Great hosts Peter and Frank.

Without them it wouldn't happen.

It;s so nice to be able to catch up with old friends and hear their stories
of newly acquired gear and how they got it.

Its also nice to make new friends and be exposed to cool new gear,
The DIY AUDIO guys with their pass labs based stuff was AWESOME.:thmbsp:

And how about those burgers frank cooked up, Delicious!:drool:.

Summerfest can't come soon enough for me!!!!:music:.

Oh, and Johns cookies must have been extra special good this time around, I didnt get a single one,LOL.:sigh:
 
It was great to see everyone - its been waaaaay too long!

Saw some old friends, and made some new ones which is always fun.....

Can't wait for the summer fest :D
 
...Eric had one of the 1952 Baruch-Lang speakers that a young MIT student named Henry Kloss built in 1952. I picked it up for my friend Dave Kloss and his son and my former student Henry "Pete" Kloss. Pete wants to get some of the audio stuff his grandfather invented and built. I found a nice KLH Model 20 system for him a few weeks ago. Dave was happy to hear of the B-L speaker coming their way. Cool, eh?...
Images, and articles about that Baruch Lang speaker at
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=462001
ScreenShot005.png
 
Hey guys just got home. Want to send a big THANK YOU to all the guys that make the fest happen. This was my first time attending an event and I cannot wait for the next. Now I can put a face with some of the names I see all the time. Plus, I got to go home with some awesome vinyl.
 
I am nicely setup in a hotel room with a calzone right now, so I can take a minute to post!

What a blast, I know why I made the drive again! You guys are just too much fun to hang out with. Huge thanks to Peter, Frank, Jim, Don and so on (so many names!). And a big thanks to everyone who bought some of my stuff or took it home. Ended up stuck with just the Conar (surprised that didn't move!) and the post-amp. I will be trying to make the next one and I hope everyone enjoyed my little setup in the back room with the blanket fort!


Those Stax headphones were amazing. A believer!
 
Thanks to Frank, Peter, Don & Jim

Thanks so much to our hosts and organizers.
This was the 3rd one that I have made it to and each one has been fun. Always great to see the demos and the sale/trade/free stuff, even if I don't end up dragging any of it home :-)

Dave
 
Wow, what a meet! Lots of great folks, music, food, and, of course, gear. Actually managed to sell something for the first time in what seems like an eternity; truly a red-letter day! Hope that my array of vintage headphones was enjoyed. Thanks as always to Frank, Peter, Jim, and everyone else who made the get-together a huge success! Can't wait for the next one! :banana:
-Adam
 
Thanks to FRANK,Peter,JIm and anyone else who had anything to do with this GREAT
EVENT. This was my first time and really enjoyed all of it. Met alot of great guys and hope some new friends. Hope to make the nexted one.
Michael (AKA Tazman3276)
 
Thanks to Frank, Peter, and the other organizers for putting today's event together. This "newbie" had a great time, met some nice folks, learned a few things, and picked up some good tunes.
Glenn
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom