• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

new filter caps xs 1050

brownale

New Member
i just received new filter caps from Mauser and i goofed my order.
I bought 100v 33000uf instead of 100v 22000uf.
will this be fine or should I send them back and get the 100v 22000uf ?
 
Register to hide this ad
Do they physically fit?

50% capacitance increase is on the high side. That being said, the 1050 has a soft start circuit that should help prevent some of the start up potential issues that increasing the capacitance of filter caps can cause.
 
That is what I bought, on purpose, to replace the ones in my SX-1050. They seem to work just fine. It is still on the bench getting further refurbishment, but when I tried it there was no problem, the input soft-start protector handled them just fine, the soft-start relay and the protection relay worked just like they are supposed to.
 
That is what I bought, on purpose, to replace the ones in my SX-1050. They seem to work just fine. It is still on the bench getting further refurbishment, but when I tried it there was no problem, the input soft-start protector handled them just fine, the soft-start relay and the protection relay worked just like they are supposed to.

me too.
 
Another consideration is the ACTUAL capacitance of the two devices. The old Nicks might still be holding 27KµF while the brand-spanking new replacements might be struggling to manage 27KµF. Just saying...
 
I would be concerned if it did not have a soft start circuit, but that saves a lot of stress on the rectifiers.
 
Back
Top Bottom