• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New McIntosh products at CES

Register to hide this ad
The MA6300 listing has piqued my interest. Now if only they would add a tuner to it we could have a McIntosh receiver. It's been far too long in my opinion.
 
Actually, if we could do away with the remote and meters add autoformers if not already included and either keep the price the same or reduce it. Yes, I know there was no pricing on the linked site.
 
suprised..

I'm surprised there hasnt been more interest in the MA6300. I'd love if Ron could give us a little more detail on this.. ? Thanks,

Dave
 
I'm particularily curious to find out if the MA6300 can use the TM1 tuner module to make a McReceiver.
 
elling said:
I'm particularily curious to find out if the MA6300 can use the TM1 tuner module to make a McReceiver.

Wild guess: no. The MA6900 can't do that, so it would make little sense for the 6300. Only the three MX control units (119, 134, 135) can, I think.
 
I would also guess no, but you never know.

It seems like the MA6300 (listed at 100 watts) will be an entry level unit so it most likely will not have autoformers which will give plenty of room for a TM1 tuner module. Also the circuit is already there so it shouldn't cost much to add it to the MA6300. It seems like if it could take a tuner module Ron C. would be teasing us with some info on it, unless the MA6300 is going to replace the MA6500 and they still have many MA6500s in stock they want to sell befor they they drum up excitment on a new product.

PS I think the MHT100 and MHT200 also will take the TM1 tuner module, so you could build a McIntosh receiver now, it will be a little expensive doing it this way with all the video and surround circuits in the MHT though.

Victor
 
Note that the wily Ron-C has once again managed to insert a "sage" comment, without ever actually answering the question!
 
The MA6300 is a value model so no tuner option. The tuner option drives the cost up due to the display requirements, more software, etc. The MA6300 is a great performer with very good performance characteristics, LED lighting,etc. It will be priced under the current MA6500 but the MA6500 continues on.

Thanks,
Ron
 
Is the 6300 in fact half the power of the 6500? (100W at 4ohm, 60W at 8ohm)

Thanks for your help ron.

BTW I hope to the MCD201 brochure on mc's website soon...
 
Sounds like it will look like an MA6500 but be the size of the MA6400. I hope that means it will fit into the L82 cabinet I just bought. It's too bad the MA6300 doesn't have that nice big alphanumeric display used by the C45, C2200, MR85, etc. So many manufacturers use tiny little displays that you can't even see but these can be seen from across the room. That was one of the best design elements McIntosh has done. They should use them on all their components.
 
The MA6300 is the same size as the MA6500. The 6300 is very high performance but basic on features. It is 150 watts into 4 and 100 into 8 ohms. It has LED lighting, remote control, Phono, six inputs the ThermoTrack transistors out of the MC2KW..
It is a winner I think.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
When I was at CEDIA the info I got on the new ThermoTrack transistors is: They are the new output transistors on the MC2KW which have an on chip temp sensor for bias control as opposed to putting a temp sensor on the heat sink next to the transistor for bias control. This allows for the amp to be extremely stable and create much less heat. I believe the transistors are made by Motorola and the MC2KW was the first amps that use these transistors. From what I could tell at CEDIA these transistors work great, the amps were playing at loud sound levels for several houres and they made so little heat you could barely tell they were on! :D

Victor
 
I like the sound of the 6300 being "very high performance but basic on features". I've always been one of the 'less is more' persuasion...
 
steve328is said:
I like the sound of the 6300 being "very high performance but basic on features". I've always been one of the 'less is more' persuasion...
:D YES :D
Trickle down technology of using the ThermoTrack transistors from the MC2KW in an entry level integrated amp, what more could ask for!

Victor
 
Until we start building the price is in flux. I would hope it is at least $500 less than the MA6500 but this is yet to be determined.

thanks,
Ron
 
Back
Top Bottom