• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New member from Northern California, Hello all

Register to hide this ad
Shortest intro I've seen yet! What brought you here, what equipment do you have, what are your fields of interest, expertise, what are your audio-related goals? Just curious. Welcome, take time to surf this vast site, learn & participate as you see fit. :bigok:
 
Last edited:
Well,I was a Ham at one time, I’m 74 years old, I like electronics, but know very little about it. I like tubes radios and amps. I have and like electric guitars, I also like fast cars, and women.

What brought me here was that I was thinking about a reciever I have that I bought new in ’73. At Playback stereo in the Chicago area.
It is a Pioneer SX 727. I hardly ever used it as I moved a lot through the years. I haven’t plugged it in since ‘85. I would like to get it serviced if needed. It worked the last time I used it back then. It’s been in a box in a closet since, ‘85. I would like to get referals to someone that works on these.
It has sentimental value to me. I am afraid to plug it in. I know it’s over 50 years old. I don’t know if it’s worth getting serviced. I’ve been checking craigslist for a place to get it serviced, also yelp for whatever that is worth seems like a lot of bad reviews on that site.for any place in the north Bay Area. Thanks for the messages!
 
Back
Top Bottom