• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Virus - NOT A JOKE!

Register to hide this ad
defenition of I-Worm/Mydoom
This worm spreads by e-mails as a message attachment and KaZaA

DoS attack:
On the 1st of February 2004 worm starts with DoS attacks on the site www.sco.com.

If you need a good free antivirus try AVG Free from www.grisoft.com. I recommend this one - it works. :thmbsp:
 
Originally posted by RocknRoll
defenition of I-Worm/Mydoom
This worm spreads by e-mails as a message attachment and KaZaA

DoS attack:
On the 1st of February 2004 worm starts with DoS attacks on the site www.sco.com.

If you need a good free antivirus try AVG Free from www.grisoft.com. I recommend this one - it works. :thmbsp:

I use that one too :)

Chris
 
already got 3 virused emails this morning.no surprise since i read about this ysterday on AA. some people have too much time on their hands.
 
How do you identify the emails as contaminated ?
 
Updating your virus definitions should catch it for you. As a precaution, it's always a good practice to not open any attachments from people you don't know.
 
My NAV updated itself while I was reading my mail this morning, nice feature.

If you use Outlook or Outlook Express never have the top/bottom window split setup because that opens the mail before you have a chance to see if there are attachments. With just the single window setup you can see if it is from a stranger and if there is an attachment, then you simply delete it without opening the mail.

Mind you I have yet to see anything get past NAV.

Rob
 
well, getting three emails from various unknown sources with attachments is pretty much a dead giveaway.

Usually when i get infected emails instead of showing the email itself outlook first displays a warning message from roadrunner, didnt happen this time but i know better then to open attachments from unknown people.
 
Thanks guys

I was not sure if this new virus slipped its way in other then in attachment. Just shows how little i Know bout this junk.

Grumpy
 
Originally posted by merrylander
My NAV updated itself while I was reading my mail this morning, nice feature.

If you use Outlook or Outlook Express never have the top/bottom window split setup because that opens the mail before you have a chance to see if there are attachments. With just the single window setup you can see if it is from a stranger and if there is an attachment, then you simply delete it without opening the mail.

Mind you I have yet to see anything get past NAV.

Rob

Ok so when you are in your INBOX, how do you tell it to not have the split screen? I looked and looked and can't figure it out. :dunno:
 
if i remember correctly, you can drag the partition downwards and that should turn off the 'feature'. just like in Explorer.

i haven't used OE in years so ymmv, you'll figure it out i bet WW.
 
You don't want your Outlook Express to look like this. Preview Pane activates the virus, its like opening it.

Goto VIEW --->LAYOUT --> SHUT OFF PREVIEW PANE
 
Last edited:
Originally posted by geespot
You don't want your Outlook Express to look like this. Preview Pane activates the virus, its like opening it.

Goto VIEW --->LAYOUT --> SHUT OFF PREVIEW PANE


Yeah I found it. Right click on the preview page bar and unclick preview.
 
This only works for the current folder. If you created folders, you will have to do the same for those. Check your deleted, sent, etc. and do the same for those also, better safe than sorry.

g
 
Back
Top Bottom