• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nice console system in Elmhurst IL

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nice console"!?!? Probably one of the most sought after consoles - period. Turntable or no it would still be one heck of a deal at the asking price. Well, a Fisher President had to surface eventually, I'm just hopeful that whoever gets it is an AK member with a decent camera.

Here's a little photo from the 1963 catalog showing the doors open to confirm that what is visible is stock: a 400-CX and an R-200. The big question is . . . is the SA-300-B still there?

PresidentVIIIModern.jpg


Fisher400-CX.jpg


FisherR-200.jpg
 
PING!!! Didn't think it was. You charging admission yet to the museum?

I think Red's got a teleportation device to Warehouse 13 and hiding more than a few. :D It's DRIED up around Baltimore/DC that I've seen. The last Exec was the one Naptown Rob got from Shmirkehaven(sp?) and that one was down near Richmond. Nothing up here but Raggeddy assed Solid State Magnavox's.
 
really have to wonder where the amp is located in that unit ?? guessing behind and under tt..

hello red
 
I have been wondering about a Prez. My catalog shows that they have larger magnets on the speakers and was wondering what kind they were.

Hope someone here gets it.
 
Ain't many consoles I'd keep. That's one of those console's I'd keep if I could get it. I hope someone who can appreciate it gets it.
 
It's The President

When I arrived at the estate sale yesterday they had it up and playing some FM music. No hum or noise. The cabinet is in great shape for being as old as it is with no major defectives.

I couldn't pass it up. Finally scored some excellent vintage gear for cheap- $350. The turntable is missing though.

The preamp and tuner have all the lettering intact with no scratches or nicks and looks like all original Telefunkens, Mullards. Real lovely pieces.

The amp has a quad of Bugle Boy xf4's 'Double Getters', Telefunkens and Mullards. Again, looks like original tubes and they all test strong.

I'm playing the preamp and amp as I write and they completely destroy my Audible Illusions M3and gain-clone amp.
 
If they haven't been refurbed, make sure to get the tuner, amp and pre recapped and checked out. You don't want to wreck those great tubes!
 
When I arrived at the estate sale yesterday they had it up and playing some FM music. No hum or noise. The cabinet is in great shape for being as old as it is with no major defectives.

I couldn't pass it up. Finally scored some excellent vintage gear for cheap- $350. The turntable is missing though.

The preamp and tuner have all the lettering intact with no scratches or nicks and looks like all original Telefunkens, Mullards. Real lovely pieces.

The amp has a quad of Bugle Boy xf4's 'Double Getters', Telefunkens and Mullards. Again, looks like original tubes and they all test strong.

I'm playing the preamp and amp as I write and they completely destroy my Audible Illusions M3and gain-clone amp.

Yesterday?!?!?!?

The ad said the estate sale only ran Friday and Saturday!!:tears:
 
I'll try to post some pics soon. I pulled the gear for safe travel and the cabinet still weights a ton. I'm going to have to hire some college kids to move this beast for me. I'm going to check some voltages on the amp. I pulled the EL34's for safe keeping and replaced with some Svetlana's, needless to say these Svetlana's sure aren't BB's!
 
Yesterday?!?!?!?

The ad said the estate sale only ran Friday and Saturday!!:tears:

Yeah, I know. I emailed them Saturday night and I called Sunday morning. The guy running the sale called me back and was taking bids so I drive right over and picked it up.
 
Uhhh Qman,
You'll have to entertain them now.
Can you imagine entertaining The FisherDude?
The Dudester?
His Dudeness?
I his total dudeality?
 

Attachments

My dad works at the Elmhurst Hospital resale shop. I was hoping this would end up there and then my house :D Oh well. Enjoy!
 
That's a super-nice console, dude! I wouldn't say you got yourself a smokin' good deal: Especially considering you got it at an estate sale. But still, parted out, the components would sell for plenty more than that. Probably has some decent Jensen P-12 speakers in it too.
Yes. Nice find indeed.
 
That's a super-nice console, dude! I wouldn't say you got yourself a smokin' good deal: Especially considering you got it at an estate sale. But still, parted out, the components would sell for plenty more than that. Probably has some decent Jensen P-12 speakers in it too.
Yes. Nice find indeed.

Considering what the preamp sells for alone...he got a smokin' good deal.
 
Congratulations! An incredible deal on a peerless piece of hi-fi history. Did you learn anything about its original owner? Captain of industry? Organized crime? Old money? Nouveau riche? Politico? Looking forward to the photos.

Galahad, Percival, Bors the Younger . . . and now Qman.

GrailComparison.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom