• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Nice console system in Elmhurst IL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking if it was just you you would keep it. Maybe a wife isn't thrilled? I like most of the folks on ak have too much audio stuff but if I found it I would make room. My house is less then 1000 squar. Feet w/ a single car garage that my car can't fit into.

I hope you keep it an charish it. My fisher console is in the bedroom. Would still like to see a pic of the speakers.
 
they aint building any more, hard pressed to top it with another.. sure there are a few out there more desirable, very very few
 
I passed on it because I don't have the space and gutting it seemed like a real shame. I would've loved to have the pre and amp, but didn't want to trash the furniture portion. Now I'm thinking maybe I should've grabbed it anyway, given it's apparent fate.
 
Bizzy Bee

Believe me I'm agonizing over this. Christ this is Avery Fisher. Avery Fisher Hall. Who's the new Fisher Doctor anyway??? Talk me into keeping it.

Paul's back to repairing the Fisher line again so we are in luck locally. Paul's a great guy who knows the Fisher stuff inside out. I'm picking up the console tomorrow morning. It would be fun to get some of the local guys together to come out and check this baby out. Raise your hands if you'd like to set something up.:D
 
I'm happy it's not being parted out, that's a beautiful thing. I normally could care less about consoles besides what's in them but this one is something truly special. Unlike a lot of them, it still looks contemporary, too.
 
I am glad you decided to keep... Maybe sometime in the future if decide to let it loose we can work something out. A trip to Chi town is just not in the realm of possibilities for me at this time or i would have been all over it. The tuner was worth the asking for sure
 
I'm happy it's not being parted out, that's a beautiful thing. I normally could care less about consoles besides what's in them but this one is something truly special. Unlike a lot of them, it still looks contemporary, too.

I'm usually the same way, but some are too cool to die. My 1958 Contemporary, that awesome Paul McCobb Columbia in another thread, etc.
 
hmmm well I see the console on the bay and the pre sold already. I feel the same about parting things out. I hate to do it but sometimes it needs to be done. I am boardline if I would have done it or not. I do love the looks. I have an ampex of the same period. Great style but heavy and I can't bring myself to part it out. I don't like things parted out but sometimes things need to be done. I also see we decided not to keep the componets. I gotta say it, will be the first and probably last one will see.
 
hmmm well I see the console on the bay and the pre sold already. I feel the same about parting things out. I hate to do it but sometimes it needs to be done. I am boardline if I would have done it or not. I do love the looks. I have an ampex of the same period. Great style but heavy and I can't bring myself to part it out. I don't like things parted out but sometimes things need to be done. I also see we decided not to keep the componets. I gotta say it, will be the first and probably last one will see.

Actually it didn't sell. Some guy out of NJ didn't read the posting completely. He thought he was getting a complete 'President' for $500- not!
I'll get around to posting some pics eventually.
 
Dynaman

I've been following this thread with interest and hoping for a better outcome than parting out such a wonderfull example of Vintage gear. Just finished viewing the first items over on eBay-what a shame....
 
I've been following this thread with interest and hoping for a better outcome than parting out such a wonderfull example of Vintage gear. Just finished viewing the first items over on eBay-what a shame....

You're not kidding. This thread just leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. The ebay ad for it even lists Audiokarma as a reference for more info. I understand we all need to make a living but to come here, brag about it, act all excited about it, get everybody else excited about it, then first threaten the destruction of the console, then say that it didn't get destroyed after all while listing it on ebay, then to part out the rest of the gear after acting so excited about it, is just tacky. I don't even mind so much that it was parted out...what I mind is that I feel I was just part of some effort to drum up interest for somebody's auction. :thumbsdn:
 
You're not kidding. This thread just leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. The ebay ad for it even lists Audiokarma as a reference for more info. I understand we all need to make a living but to come here, brag about it, act all excited about it, get everybody else excited about it, then first threaten the destruction of the console, then say that it didn't get destroyed after all while listing it on ebay, then to part out the rest of the gear after acting so excited about it, is just tacky. I don't even mind so much that it was parted out...what I mind is that I feel I was just part of some effort to drum up interest for somebody's auction. :thumbsdn:

Very well put.....Exactly what I was trying to express. :thmbsp:
 
Since the topic has turned from Fisher equipment to items being sold on public auction/sale sites, it's time for this one to come to an end.

And nobody's beating themselves up more than I am.:sigh:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom