• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Odd Tonearm needs adjustment; where/how?

5th beatle

Active Member
I need help identifying how and where to make various tonearm adjustments to this Micro-Trac tonearm as Iam experiencing lots of skipping where there used to be little or none. Thanks for all ideas.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Well, there was supposed to be an attached picture I uploaded from hard drive My docs, my pictures. That failed. How do I remedy this? Thanks.
 
make sure the pic is the right size or less both dimensions and memory requirement. edit your post and see if the pic uploaded
 
Odd tonearm needs adjustments; how/where?

Well, edit attempt not accepted, as I see limit is 195KB and pic trying to upload is 688KB. Going back to My doc, My pics won't permit downsizing. Should I go back to original picture disc and reload? Not very computer literate in these matters. Pardon me.
 
try paint. Load the pic you want in Paint and go to stretch/resize and then change 100% to like 50% and click OK. Re-save as a JPEG. That's what I do.
 
Odd tonearm needs adjustments;where/how?

Hey, Blue Shadow,

Managed to download Irfanview to desktop and thought I had resized original to 27%. Upon upload attempt, I get i_view32.exe: upload error message. Very frustrated at this point. Obviously I'm screwing up somewhere. Any suggestions? Thanks.
 
Hey, Blue Shadow,

Managed to download Irfanview to desktop and thought I had resized original to 27%. Upon upload attempt, I get i_view32.exe: upload error message. Very frustrated at this point. Obviously I'm screwing up somewhere. Any suggestions? Thanks.
What format are you saving your image in? Perhaps you are using a format which this program does not support. :scratch2:
 
Micro-trak? Is that this thing?

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79143&highlight=tonearm

tonearm3.jpg
 
Odd tonearm needs adjustments; where/how?

Format is XP with pics loaded to hard drive in My Docs. Then transferred a pic to Irfanview downloaded to desktop. Then tried to upload from Irfanview to "Manage Attachments" on AK only to get upload error message.

Yup, That's the one!
 
The best way to get precision tracking adjustments on an arm like that is to keep taping pennies on the headshell end of it until it doesn't skip any more.




(only kidding) :D
 
What are the two dots in the circle of the rectangle weight(both sides) for? There is also a larger one centered just below that and a similar one where headshell rests. BTW, mine has a 1973 quarter taped to head for balancing.
 
Back
Top Bottom