• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Offer for a pair of JBL-L40's...

Steelman

Super Member
Hello all.

What is a fair price for a pair of JBL-L40's. Foam is in good shape, grills are mint, the cabs need a little love. Anyone ever listened to these?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent
 
Register to hide this ad
There's a couple pair listed online right now....hard to say what they'll go for. Watch 'em and see how they close out.
 
A Righteous Score!!!

Howdy, Steelman. I have just noticed your post, so am now answering.

I got my L40 pair together about 2 years ago,and posted quite a bit about it here. Sorry, I don't know how to insert direct post links, but if you click on my "handle", you can easily find my previous ravings about these speakers.

Yes, I really love mine. I can't even use them right now, they're just too much speaker for my small apartment....and my "old folks" neighbors, but I'll get back to them some day.

I feel that you got a very good deal on these, I just hope they arrive to you in good shape.

I ran mine with a 50WPC Marantz PM500 IntAmp, and later a Technics IntAmp @100 WPC. They liked the higher power,obviously.

So, enjoy.....I think you probably will...there's a lot to like about the L40 mojo............willhowl:thmbsp:
 
willhowl,

Thanks for the reply.

I can't wait to get these. I have always wanted a pair of JBL's ever since I refoamed a pair of my buddys L112's.

I hope one day to score a pair of 4312's or L100's.

Hope to enjoy these till then...

Thanks again,

Vincent
 
I got a pair out of a pawnshop about a year ago with shot surrounds. Glued in some new ones, cleaned the grills and cabs, and have been a very happy camper since. They have a very wide range, fine bass, and don't take a lot of power to make your ears hurt. I paid $20 for mine because the shopkeeper thought they were JVC. Now I would easily part with $100+ for these.
 
L40 vs L100.......I dunno.....

Howdy, Steelman. You mention the lust for L100s.........

Well, I tell ya... I got a rough pair of L100s AFTER the L40s showed up. I couldn't do a head-to-head comparison, but.....this is kinda complicated....

The L100s are kick-ass R&R speakers.Flat-out. No bones. Late 70's, into the 80's, a standard reference,especially for R&R.

I think the L40s are better overall, as a more balanced,speaker, friendlier to more musical styles. This is a personal preference matter, very debatable.

There exists tons of discussion, here and elsewhere, on this subject.Look up L100s-you'll see what I mean....If you find some L100s, grab 'em....but the L40 setup will prove to be no slouch......I dunno where I'm going with this, just sayin' that the the L100s have their limitations too.... Hoping you'll see what I mean.....willhowl:music:

P.S. I believe the 4312s are more balanced? Research is good......trust your own ears..... W
 
Back
Top Bottom