• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL L40 Value

White01L

Active Member
What should I expect the value of a pair of nice looking JBL L40's to be. They sound fine, surrounds look to be recently replaced, and tweets sound fine. Cabinets look nice, some scratches on the bottom, and grill cloths are decent.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have seen similar speakers for what seems like scratch..... but given the current price of JBLs..... who knows.
 
I'd like to know this too. I've got a NM set freshly refoamed that sound fantastic. They are very good quality speakers with the 127A woofers and 033 tweets. I figure around 200 clams but I'm not sure. Fleabay isn't much help, been checking there.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know this too. I've got a NM set freshly refoamed that sound fantastic. They are very good quality speakers with the 127A woofers and 033 tweets. I figure around 200 clams but I'm not sure. Fleabay isn't much help, been checking there.

NJ money must be worth more than VA money, (i live in a very cheap area!) Seriously, ebay completed listings and nearby (statewide) craigslist may turn up ideas....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fine little speaker but in the general scheme of things it never brings much money. Compared (sometimes unfavorably) to the L26 and not even close to the equal of the L80T both of which frequently trade in the sub-$100 range. It's tough for even the three-way titanium-tweeter L80T to bring $200, though the sound of one converted to T3 crossovers gets it pretty close to the quality of the L96 which sells for much more. I'm pretty sure an L1 would blow-away the L40, but many prefer the real-wood look of the L40.

If I were buying, I'd be looking around $100. If I were selling, of course I'd want to be closer to the $200 range! ;)
 
OK, thanks. I'm not a JBL guy and these rarely come up so I wasn't sure. Purty good lil' speaker though, and the real wood veneer cab is much nicer than vinyl. Still going out the door along with some other speakers that I know and love :tears:
 
Back
Top Bottom