• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

L40 value please

maclvrbr

Super Member
Do any of you guys own any jbl L40? A pair for sale locally by original owner. Have no clue what they are worth or sound like. All replys welcome.
 
Register to hide this ad
L 40

Thanks so much for your comments, advice. They look great , will take your advice and make an offer. If purchased will post pics. Thanks again
 
They will greatly benefit from a crossover upgrade. With the help of Brainsmasher, I upgraded the old cheap caps to Solens for about $20 in parts. They sounded much better afterward and I have been using them almost exclusively ever since. Also, watch the twist locks for the speaker cable. One of mine broke shortly after I bought the speakers which prompted me to upgrade to 5-way binding posts at the same time. Good luck.

Jay
 
Back
Top Bottom