• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Official Grateful Dead Thread

Playing the Dave's Picks Vol 1 version of that great May 25 1977 show again right now - the Scarlet > Fire / Estimated > He's Gone is just awesome!
 
Playing the Dave's Picks Vol 1 version of that great May 25 1977 show again right now - the Scarlet > Fire / Estimated > He's Gone is just awesome!

I just fired that (disc 2) up - Scarlet is on now. It's a hurricane of Phil bombs! :music:
 
Wow - I didn't know there were any Heads here,usually read and sometimes post in the equipment forums... Going to see Furthur in April @ The Beacon. I only saw The GD twice-in '81. Went to check out Dark Star Orch a few years ago and they did one of those shows! There is a good Dead radio show on KDHX.org on Sat nights @ midnight Eastern. I have yet to check out the Europe '72 box set... Cool thread-thanks!

Twice in '88 @ Meadowlands and once @ The Centrum. Partied in tent city @ Worcester & Hartford other times :smoke:
Been a fan since the first time I heard Lovelight on Skeletons From The Closet in the 70s

I posted a bunch of links to Taper's Section at Dead.net on the first page.
Check it out if you didn't know. Dave writes it and chooses what to play :thmbsp:
There's a lot of good stuff @ TS
 
Last edited:
Grateful Dead
Capitol Theater
November 8, 1970

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1970-11-08.aud.lee.pcrp.26975.shnf

Playing this monster set @ work today. Acoustic set, NRPS, Dark Star, and a sublime It's All Over Now, Baby Blue. Excellent AUD.

- Acoustic Set -
01)Tuning
02) Dire Wolf
03) I Know You Rider
04) Dark Hollow
05) Rosalie McFall
06) El Paso
07) Operator (Final time played)
08) Ripple
09) Friend Of The Devil
10) Wake Up, Little Suzie (Final time played)
11) Uncle John's Band

- NRPS -
01)Tuning
02) Six Days On The Road
03) Superman
04) Whatcha Gonna Do
05) Glendale Train
06) All I Ever Wanted
07) Fair Chance To Know
08) Portland Woman
09) Cecilia
10)Truck Drivin' Man
11) Last Lonely Eagle
12) Louisiana Lady
13) Honky Tonk Women

- Electric Dead -
01)Tuning
02) Morning Dew
03) Me And My Uncle
04) Mystery Train (Only time played)
05) >My Babe (Only time played)
06) Around And Around (First time played)
07) New Orleans
08)>Searchin'
09)>It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
10) Casey Jones

- Electric Dead -
01) Truckin'
02)>Dark Star (First verse only)
03)>The Main Ten (Final time played)
04)>Dancin' In The Streets
05)>Not Fade Away
06)>Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad
07)>Not Fade Away
08)>Drums
09)>Good Lovin'
10)>Drums
11)>Good Lovin'
 
Grateful Dead
Capitol Theater
November 8, 1970

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1970-11-08.aud.lee.pcrp.26975.shnf

Playing this monster set @ work today. Acoustic set, NRPS, Dark Star, and a sublime It's All Over Now, Baby Blue. Excellent AUD.

- Acoustic Set -
01)Tuning
02) Dire Wolf
03) I Know You Rider
04) Dark Hollow
05) Rosalie McFall
06) El Paso
07) Operator (Final time played)
08) Ripple
09) Friend Of The Devil
10) Wake Up, Little Suzie (Final time played)
11) Uncle John's Band

- NRPS -
01)Tuning
02) Six Days On The Road
03) Superman
04) Whatcha Gonna Do
05) Glendale Train
06) All I Ever Wanted
07) Fair Chance To Know
08) Portland Woman
09) Cecilia
10)Truck Drivin' Man
11) Last Lonely Eagle
12) Louisiana Lady
13) Honky Tonk Women

- Electric Dead -
01)Tuning
02) Morning Dew
03) Me And My Uncle
04) Mystery Train (Only time played)
05) >My Babe (Only time played)
06) Around And Around (First time played)
07) New Orleans
08)>Searchin'
09)>It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
10) Casey Jones

- Electric Dead -
01) Truckin'
02)>Dark Star (First verse only)
03)>The Main Ten (Final time played)
04)>Dancin' In The Streets
05)>Not Fade Away
06)>Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad
07)>Not Fade Away
08)>Drums
09)>Good Lovin'
10)>Drums
11)>Good Lovin'

Great show, I am also streaming it now, thanks.
 
On the tube:

(from Trader's Den)
The video doesn't match the music half the time but hell, it's GD On the Europe '72 tour :music:

Grateful Dead
Tivoli Gardens
Copenhagen, Denmark
04/17/1972
partial multi camera Danish TV pro-shot with graphics
to fill in the missing video to make a complete show

Dvd 1 (Set 1)

Cold Rain & Snow (05:43)
Me And Bobby McGee (05:57)
Chinatown Shuffle (02:47)
China Cat Sunflower > (05:43)
I Know You Rider (06:23)
Jack Straw (04:55)
He's Gone (06:54)
Next Time You See Me (04:59)
Black Throated Wind (06:42)
(50:06)

Dvd 2 (Set 2)

Casey Jones (05:49)
Playin' In The Band (09:23)
Sugaree (06:41)
One More Saturday Night (04:42)
It Hurts Me Too (07:24)
Ramble On Rose (07:06)
El Paso (07:03)
Big Railroad Blues (03:28)
Truckin' (11:18)
(1:02:58)

Dvd 3 (Set 2 cont)

Dark Star-> (30:38)
Sugar Magnolia > (07:08)
Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks) > (23:41)
Johnny B Goode (04:18)
(1:05:47)

Video:
French TV Broadcast>?>DVD

1972.jpg
 
Last edited:
Jerry-Spartan Stadium, 1979

Bill Graham Show.

Bob
 

Attachments

  • Dead leader, Jerry Garcia 72DPI.jpg
    Dead leader, Jerry Garcia 72DPI.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
Spinning today:

Grateful Dead
Uptown Theatre
Chicago, IL
August 19, 1980

FOBalcony Nak 700's w/shotgun caps>Sony TC-158

2nd Set

Rooster>
China Cat>
Rider >
Estimated>
Eyes>
Drums>
Space>
Playin'>
Comes A Time>
Playin' >
Around & Around>
Alabama Getaway
 
very nice, Im on the second Paris show, 5/72, just over halfway thru the E72 tour, this has been a helluva trip across Europe for me!! Its been a toasty winter:)
 
Yes, ultimate is right! I vowed to not miss this one, esp since passing on the 69Fillmore run. Between the Europe tour and then onto Fall72, it really is their finest year imo. Alot of 77 fans out there but ill take 69/70 and 72/73 ANY day of the week hand over fist
 
Yes, ultimate is right!
I vowed to not miss this one, esp since passing on the 69Fillmore run. Between the Europe tour and then onto Fall72, it really is their finest year imo.
Alot of 77 fans out there but ill take 69/70 and 72/73 ANY day of the week hand over fist

I downloaded a couple of '72 DVD shows from Trader's Den. Check em out :thmbsp:
 
Last night I watched the DVD of 10-9-89 that circulates. I have hea that wonderful show many, many times, but had never seen any video of it. It's an audience video mated to the circulating matrix SBD, and very cool to watch in spite of the less than stellar video quality. Was just fun to see some of what people who were actually at that show experienced.
 
Great set!

I'm playing that Carousel Ballroom Feb. 14, 1968 show again, in the car this time :music:

Read this review here then get it here or stream it here.

You owe it to yourself if you like live Dead.

Thanks for the tip!

Still downloading it . . . :boring:

Slow going (only 3 seeders total and I'm linked to 2), but I'm a patient guy.:no::D


:music:Will
 
Back
Top Bottom