• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Old Sayings

rickr15 said:
"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your canary ass."

That reminds me of another one...

"Your mouth is writing checks that your body can't cash"

Scott
 
I tell my SO this one occasionally: What's good for the goose is good for the gander - she hates it ('cause it's true ;) ).

He who goes to bed with itchy butt wakes up with smelly fingers.

Colder than a gravediggers' ass.

Pete
 
I don't care what others say about you, I think you are alright. He must have gotten his drivers license at Sears.
 
From wise people I know...

On the subject of infidelity:
"The grass may be greener, but it's just as hard to mow."

Avoiding procrastination:
"Make hay while there's sunshine."

General marriage advice:
"Pick your battles."

And a corollary (developed in an instrument repair shop) to an above quote:
"You can't polish a turd. You can't ruin one, either."
 
From a wise man named Robert Harris, RIP:

On braggarts and loudmouths- An empty wagon rattles the loudest.

Prior to an impending physical confrontation- Son, I'll come after you with a pine knot and a bucket of ****.

On the intellectually challenged- He don't know if he's dancing or playing mumbly-peg.

On the same- I sent him to the store for apple butter, and he brought back chitlings.

From my old man, used to express disbelief:

Bear's Ass.
 
does "Get a Job" count?

One I learned from watching my Mother run her restaurant business, that I've had good results using in my own computer business:

"Kill 'em with Kindness" / referring to solving problems.
 
One I heard from my dad alot while growing up ... "Son, you need that about like I need another hole in my head!" Most all of the time dad was right:thmbsp:
 
got my fave from my mom:

This room looks like **** hit with a stick.
as long as we are on words of encouragement:
He doesn't know **** from shinola.
 
Back
Top Bottom