• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

On Impulse I ordered a Boyuu Reisong A10 EL34, class A. Any experience? Add your opinion on it.

Well, maybe it’s an input impedance issue. The A10 has 100k ohm input impedance I believe. Do you have access to a separate preamp?
 
Well, maybe it’s an input impedance issue. The A10 has 100k ohm input impedance I believe. Do you have access to a separate preamp?
I could hook my TT back to my Yamaha AVR and then connect the LR front preouts to the A10 if that would work for a test?
 
I could hook my TT back to my Yamaha AVR and then connect the LR front preouts to the A10 if that would work for a test?

Tape out works.


AT-LP60 Output Level
Pre-amp “PHONO”: 2.5 mV nominal at 1 kHz
Pre-amp “LINE”: 150 mV nominal at 1 kHz

Meridian Explorer “DAC”
Output @ 2v

Boyuu Reisong A10
Input sensitivity: 750MV
 
Tape out works.


AT-LP60 Output Level
Pre-amp “PHONO”: 2.5 mV nominal at 1 kHz
Pre-amp “LINE”: 150 mV nominal at 1 kHz

Meridian Explorer “DAC”
Output @ 2v

Boyuu Reisong A10
Input sensitivity: 750MV

thanks for the info. Unfortunately I do not have a Tape Out on my AVR.
 

Attachments

  • F4342A02-25BB-4D64-85B7-A0F5762F24E8.jpeg
    F4342A02-25BB-4D64-85B7-A0F5762F24E8.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 17
You can use the front preout no problem. You’ll just have to adjust the volume on the AVR in addition to the A10. It will work for now, but you may wanna find a phono preamp. There’s plenty of affordable options, even for tube phono pre’s.
 
After rolling in some Brimars and Mullard CV4024’s, I would highly recommend rolling in 12AT7’s in this amp. The adapters I got worked great.

I think with the lower gain of the AT7’s, it provides more headroom - at least in my system. The soundstage is large, lush and detailed.

Xiang Sheng/Grant Fidelity Dac09 with 1950 Western Electric 396A to A10 to Klipsch RF-35’s with Velodyne sub. Still using the stock Shuguang’s for the rectifier and power tubes. Waiting on VTS for their replacements.
 
So I tried hooking up the A10 to my Yamaha AVR using the front speaker pre outs and no improvement after trying various settings on the AVR. Then I tried running the AT LP60 into my old college years Realistic SCR 2500 tape deck. I connected the TT (Set to Phono) to the Phono in of the SCR and then used the speaker outs of the SCR with some adapters to run RCA into the A10 and I now have sound using the volume control on the SCR.

So my questions now are is this a safe connection and will I still get the same tube sound from the A10? I am thinking the SCR is just being used as a pass thru without altering the original source signal other than volume.
 
Sounds like it will work. However, it would greatly benefit you to get something like a Little Bear tube phono pre ($65 on Amazon). It has 1.8v output and 100k output impedance.
 
If you don't have another stand alone tuner, I suggest you go to any goodwill or craigslist right now and get yourself a stand alone $15-$20.00, tuner or plug your mp3 to the back of the amp so youll have an idea where youre at.
I don't know how complicated or expensive your Yamaha receiver and maybe to simplify, just set that aside for now just to hear your tube amp get to life.
 
If you don't have another stand alone tuner, I suggest you go to any goodwill or craigslist right now and get yourself a stand alone $15-$20.00, tuner or plug your mp3 to the back of the amp so youll have an idea where youre at.
I don't know how complicated or expensive your Yamaha receiver and maybe to simplify, just set that aside for now just to hear your tube amp get to life.
Yes that is what I am doing just to get some hours on it. I have the volume at 12 o’clock that is where I find I need it to be in order to get decent bass output. At first the highs were on the harsh side at that volume but last night around two hours in they seemed to smooth out. Like others have said it is not a forgiving unit if you play low quality tracks in you will get low quality sound out.

As far as Rock goes on my speakers B&W CM9 S2 probably not the best choice it is muddy with not much punch. Listening to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody off of the movie soundtrack master 4 minutes in when the jam out session starts it is just not there. Or listening to Rush YYZ Neil Peart’s drums are really distant in the background while the triangles are in your face.

However the bass is excellent in more isolated tracks like Roxane off of Musical Nuda and Flight of the cosmic hippo by Bela Fleck you can feel it in your bones. And if I put on Billie Eilish it sounds as if my subwoofer is hooked up. Where it really shines for me so far is female vocals Moon River by Carla Bruni, Your love is King by Sade, The look of love by Dusty Springfield, Mad World by Jasmine Thompson all sound amazing. I’m now listening to the Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic and the A10 is really enjoyable.
 
Last edited:
Since I ordered this, a couple lots of these have sold on Amazon at same price I paid, with very short delivery promised, from USA stock.
Mine has yet to ship from China. Been week since ordered. Maybe have to build a 110 V unit.

I'm about order one of these. I was wondering something - they offer this with a choice of voltages: 100V,110V,115V,120V,220V,230V,240V.

Why would someone in the US get the 110V version? My understanding was that US residential power is a notional 120V+/-6%.
 
I'm about order one of these. I was wondering something - they offer this with a choice of voltages: 100V,110V,115V,120V,220V,230V,240V.

Why would someone in the US get the 110V version? My understanding was that US residential power is a notional 120V+/-6%.
I can't answer that. My electrical background is suspect. Manufacturer likely sells world wide, hence all the choices. Tube gear, I believe, is less tolerant to voltage variation than SS amps. I bought Amazon version which in ad discription says 110 - 120v. I don't know which version that correlates to on China Hifi site. I don't find a spec plate on my unit.
Manual with it says: AC 110-120v/60 Hz
 
Last edited:
Yes that is what I am doing just to get some hours on it. I have the volume at 12 o’clock that is where I find I need it to be in order to get decent bass output. At first the highs were on the harsh side at that volume but last night around two hours in they seemed to smooth out. Like others have said it is not a forgiving unit if you play low quality tracks in you will get low quality sound out.

As far as Rock goes on my speakers B&W CM9 S2 probably not the best choice it is muddy with not much punch. Listening to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody off of the movie soundtrack master 4 minutes in when the jam out session starts it is just not there. Or listening to Rush YYZ Neil Peart’s drums are really distant in the background while the triangles are in your face.

However the bass is excellent in more isolated tracks like Roxane off of Musical Nuda and Flight of the cosmic hippo by Bela Fleck you can feel it in your bones. And if I put on Billie Eilish it sounds as if my subwoofer is hooked up. Where it really shines for me so far is female vocals Moon River by Carla Bruni, Your love is King by Sade, The look of love by Dusty Springfield, Mad World by Jasmine Thompson all sound amazing. I’m now listening to the Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic and the A10 is really enjoyable.
If it is truly six watts per channel as mfger claims. With my 92 db spl bookshelf, not a lot of juice for bass. Now, if they were 100db spl might be different story.
 
Any wonderful news on reisong owners. any special mods, speaker / tube upgrades... anything blew up?
Well I have put in around 2-4 hours an evening of listening time the only new issue I have had is some popping noise coming from the right speaker. This has occurred at least twice and it is two or three crackle sounding pops after the A10 is well warmed up. The first time I thought it was the tubes but it is definitely from the speaker.

Other than that I find it limited in use with my setup. For me it only plays a specific subset of music and files well but when it does those are amazing. I haven’t figured out the common denominator yet but last night I was listening to some low fi quality files of Ambrosia and it sounded amazing, the harmonizing, sound stage and separation was as if they were in my living room. Conversely I played some FLAC 24/96 Chopin and it is just horrible, distant and full of hiss, this is something my Yamaha with all of its electronic filters and enchantments would clean up nicely and produce a nice robust sound with. I have tried producers that are known for putting out quality sound like Quincy Jones (Michael Jackson Thriller) and Marc Ronson (Amy Winehouse Back to Black) and they are both horrid, I couldn’t even get through one song. If purchasing I would make sure that the A10 matches well with your speakers and music Style/source.
 
what are your upcoming plans the amp? if there's something wrong with it, you can still exchange it if I'm correct?
 
what are your upcoming plans the amp? if there's something wrong with it, you can still exchange it if I'm correct?
I haven’t decided yet. It is return eligible on amazon until July 18th and I saved all of the packaging but not sure if I could get it back in the box as perfectly as it was sent. I won’t be tube rolling but was thinking about maybe going with the Willsenton R8 or a Marantz PM8006, I know both are in another price league but I am looking for something that will give me good to great 2 channel from both Vinyl and Tidal. What I have now in the A10 is something that does sound amazing with a select playlist that I have made and I am working on increasing but that doesn’t make it that versatile.

I am also looking into upgrading my TT with the Fluance RT83 I just don’t like that it doesn’t auto return after playing so still looking into other options.
 
I haven’t decided yet. It is return eligible on amazon until July 18th and I saved all of the packaging but not sure if I could get it back in the box as perfectly as it was sent. I won’t be tube rolling but was thinking about maybe going with the Willsenton R8 or a Marantz PM8006, I know both are in another price league but I am looking for something that will give me good to great 2 channel from both Vinyl and Tidal. What I have now in the A10 is something that does sound amazing with a select playlist that I have made and I am working on increasing but that doesn’t make it that versatile.

I am also looking into upgrading my TT with the Fluance RT83 I just don’t like that it doesn’t auto return after playing so still looking into other options.
Either amps you mentioned are suppose to be very good step up... The only thing I can suggest to you if you want is when you get the willsenton r8 (hope I didn't fumbled the name) get the 3 years insurance if youre going to amazon or any place.
I was actually looking at that amp too and I'm blown away wit the components that I see inside besides. its got the super quiet input relays very, capacitors are nice. the circuit cab=n be close to my primaluna with some of its own ingredients.
well either or, I think the insurance is good move..
 
Pseudoty,

if you do plan in keeping the amp, klipsch reference or heritage line is a great choice for getting the most out of the A10. I am able to play plenty loud with really good dynamics. Make sure the sensitivity is at least 95 db. The reference towers are usually even higher than that - my RF-35’s are 98 db.

Also, it definitely took 100 hours to break this amp in. I saw major improvements after the first 30 or so hours.
 
Back
Top Bottom