• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

On Impulse I ordered a Boyuu Reisong A10 EL34, class A. Any experience? Add your opinion on it.

I had a Klipsch RF-82 II with the copper cones, that was a big modern tower speakers and was fairly easy to drive for it was 97 db If I recall. Well the it wasn't mine actually, I bought several sets of those and I sold it all..Lol. I forgot to keep one for myself...biglaugh.gif
 
I just got my Reisong Boyuu A10 today. I plugged in the tubes at 8pm to test it out. It's 4am and I'm still listening to music. I guess that means I like it. I inherited a ten year old Onkyo "hifi in a box" 7+1 in my divorce. Last month I got a great deal on a pair of Klipsch Forte 3. The Onkyo receiver/amp with the Klipsch speakers was not a perfect match - very tiring to listen to. I hoped that this tube amp would be more pleasing. The difference is enormous. It sounds nice, romantic, warm. I'm listening to a mix of rock, techno and "emo hip/hop" (yes that's a thing - try BONES if you're curious). And now I can get rid of six speakers, a huge sub-woofer and huge receiver :). I'm delighted - work will be painful tomorrow.
 
Glad you are liking the new amp Peter. :thumbsup:

The Forte III have very good bass on their own and IME HT in a box subs are usually not very good.
He could try a high quality subwoofer later if he feels the need.
 
I agree. there are speakers that has a very strong bass on their own. when I was using a Marantz 12" floor monitor, it was good. I bought an "okay" subwoofer it helped out the bass. Then I picked up a 6.5 in JBL tower speaker, that changed my whole world. I sold the Marantz, I took off the subwoofer, its a match made in heaven.
I plugged in the reisong there and ran for a week just to bench test it,
the sound strength was good to very good.
The clarity and delivery was very good
its amazing I can volume it up and my speaker can move that much being a 6 watt amp driving an 89db.
I cant wait what its gonna do when my new speakers comes being a 98 db sensitivity.
But I'm not planning to rock and roll this amp because I know its only a 6 watts. I should be all set.
 
Last edited:
I just got my Reisong Boyuu A10 today. I plugged in the tubes at 8pm to test it out. It's 4am and I'm still listening to music. I guess that means I like it. I inherited a ten year old Onkyo "hifi in a box" 7+1 in my divorce. Last month I got a great deal on a pair of Klipsch Forte 3. The Onkyo receiver/amp with the Klipsch speakers was not a perfect match - very tiring to listen to. I hoped that this tube amp would be more pleasing. The difference is enormous. It sounds nice, romantic, warm. I'm listening to a mix of rock, techno and "emo hip/hop" (yes that's a thing - try BONES if you're curious). And now I can get rid of six speakers, a huge sub-woofer and huge receiver :). I'm delighted - work will be painful tomorrow.
Congrats.
It should steadily smooth out over 50+ hours and more. I rolled in new tubes by 15 hours. Didn't give originals a chance to break in. Although they sounded fine. I have yet to try with phono pre and turntable.

What is your music source?
 
Thought I would add my experience here. I’ve had the A10 for about 3 weeks now. I’m not an audiophile and am just getting back into listening to music, mostly due to COVID. Speakers are Klipsch RP-5000f and in my room/listening area I have no issues with having enough volume and never have the volume knob above 75%. Feeding it are a pro-ject debut carbon through a fosi audio mm tube preamp. And an Amazon echo link (that provides up to 16bit 48Khz output) using Amazon HD service. Passing the Amazon Echo RCAs through a Nobsoubd 6J2 Tube preamplifier that allows me to adjust bass / treble and helped round out the sound a bit (at least to my ears). Been rolling tubes but have no strong recommendations yet. This thing sounds amazing. Overall I’m super happy with the quality of the A10, and the setup of other inexpensive gear hooked into it. Although I do turn my face away from it every time I turn it on, in case it explodes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BMC
Thought I would add my experience here. I’ve had the A10 for about 3 weeks now. I’m not an audiophile and am just getting back into listening to music, mostly due to COVID. Speakers are Klipsch RP-5000f and in my room/listening area I have no issues with having enough volume and never have the volume knob above 75%. Feeding it are a pro-ject debut carbon through a fosi audio mm tube preamp. And an Amazon echo link (that provides up to 16bit 48Khz output) using Amazon HD service. Passing the Amazon Echo RCAs through a Nobsoubd 6J2 Tube preamplifier that allows me to adjust bass / treble and helped round out the sound a bit (at least to my ears). Been rolling tubes but have no strong recommendations yet. This thing sounds amazing. Overall I’m super happy with the quality of the A10, and the setup of other inexpensive gear hooked into it. Although I do turn my face away from it every time I turn it on, in case it explodes.
Big Ener,
Welcome to AK.
I can't tell if your last sentence is "tongue in cheek." I've not heard of any shrapnel coming from them, yet.
What tubes have you rolled into it?
 
Big Ener,
Welcome to AK.
I can't tell if your last sentence is "tongue in cheek." I've not heard of any shrapnel coming from them, yet.
What tubes have you rolled into it?

thanks for the welcome. Last sentence was tongue in cheek, mostly. I haven’t heard any stories of shrapnel either.

I tried the Russian 6N2P Vokshod Rocket tubes that you recommended. I felt they tightened up the sound a bit at mid and high frequencies. I also threw in some Genalex Gold Lion KT77s when I made the switch. As a nube here, to my ear this combo seemed to work best with rock music but wasn’t as warm with folksy signer song writer stuff as stock Chinese tubes.

buying the 6N2 to 12ax7 adapters off eBay, but won’t be here till August.
 
..........Although I do turn my face away from it every time I turn it on, in case it explodes.

That is what I'm trying to figure out too for I have a month before I get the new speakers I ordered from mr casey. Should I say a little prayer before I plug in the amp to a normal operation or do I have to perform another major surgery like what I did to my old yaqin so I could put back the house fire extinguisher where they belong?
I ran the amp like a little 200hrs and mostly it was like in idle downstairs and another 4 days when I try it on the regular speakers. I sounds good. the messed up thing about this is I bought the warranty for I just don't wanna get side tracked from my day to day and I'm trying to avoid screw-drivering this amp.
 
Last edited:
bought-a-new-amp.jpg
 
I put about 30 hours on my A10 so far with some Klipsch RP 600 M and its not bad for the price, It sounds a little on the thin side and lacks a bit of bass compared to some of my Eico, Fisher, DIY tube gear but I see potential for some circuit tweaks, I noticed online reviews mention that this is a lot of peoples first tube amp which I think it would be a good place to start for someone who wants something new and doesn't want to take on rebuilding a vintage amp. This amp is not the best at a 3D soundstage either but I've heard worse, I think it would make a decent background music amp or guest bedroom amp, will be interesting to hear it after some mods.
 
7774993E-62F9-43FA-9947-32BC48A1E637.jpeg
It sounds a little on the thin side and lacks a bit of bass

Im really happy with the bass in my system. While still using the stock 34s I switched out the 6N2Ps. The first set of 6N2Ps I bought were not super impressive even after 30 hours burn in. I found some with slightly different markings off eBay, from Ukraine, I believe and they’ve really opened up the bass and sound stage IMO. Now I have no idea about the sources of these tubes or manufacturing, same factory or not, etc. the labels are different and one set sounds much better to me. The tube on left with the rocket on it seems the better for those interested.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: BMC
Oh man my wife told me today lower down the volume of the amp for its pounding a bit downstairs so I went ahead and press the remote volume down and didn't change anything. I went upstairs and well id be darn.... It was the Reisong running.:music:
 
  • Like
Reactions: BMC
View attachment 1914086

Im really happy with the bass in my system. While still using the stock 34s I switched out the 6N2Ps. The first set of 6N2Ps I bought were not super impressive even after 30 hours burn in. I found some with slightly different markings off eBay, from Ukraine, I believe and they’ve really opened up the bass and sound stage IMO. Now I have no idea about the sources of these tubes or manufacturing, same factory or not, etc. the labels are different and one set sounds much better to me. The tube on left with the rocket on it seems the better for those interested.
I ordered some of those the other day and am thinking about trying a different pair of EL 34, there is bass but I swapped in my diy el84 single ended amp that uses the small gxse output transformers from edcor and the bass was a bit deeper, played the same tracks and some low end bass just didn't show really on the reisong the midbass is pretty good though. I still think its a good deal and would be good for background music or guest bedroom setup or a starter amp, this could change with different tubes and other parts.
 
I ordered some of those the other day and am thinking about trying a different pair of EL 34, there is bass but I swapped in my diy el84 single ended amp that uses the small gxse output transformers from edcor and the bass was a bit deeper, played the same tracks and some low end bass just didn't show really on the reisong the midbass is pretty good though. I still think its a good deal and would be good for background music or guest bedroom setup or a starter amp, this could change with different tubes and other parts.

In my system, the stock EL34B’s are pretty forward sounding in the upper mids. They also seem to smear the details on more complex tracks.

I rolled in a pair of RFT EL34’s, and the difference was immediately apparent. Way more air, detail, soundstage, and bass extension. The sound is so much more natural and balanced to my ears. This is with 1965 Brimar 12at7’s in the preamp section.
 
Back
Top Bottom