• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

One Way Aisles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to follow the arrows but sometimes it makes more sense and is safer to go against the grain if what you need is 6 feet into an isle and I have to go against the arrow to get it rather than go to the next isle and walk an extra 100 feet following the arrows. One lady pointed out to me in Walmart that I was going against the arrow, so I told her to call the cops on me.:rolleyes:
 
Over all, I have to agree with Snow. Yes, follow the rules where they makes sense. They are there as guidelines, especially for those who don't have that sense we talk about. Bottom line, there is no such thing as "common sense". It is learned behavior. You learn to think for yourself or let others think for you. I'm thinking right now about that autistic kid that kept on moving into my personal space. The only thing is, the rules were there, but he didn't have the sense to follow them. So then what do we do? And that is where innovative new ways of doing business come in. And being conscious of our own selves. We may need to break those rules occasionally, because there are others breaking them, and we have to in order to ensure our own safety.
Finally someone sees the logic behind my decision to not blindly obey the policy of one way aisles. It could easily work in a different store set up and in fact be safer and quicker in a store like Costco where the store aisles are much wider and two carts can pass each other without being in close contact and in the front of the store it being wide enough to accommodate more then two carts but in a store that the aisles are narrow enough that two carts cannot pass each other without coming in close contact it makes less sense.

Those carts have to be someplace if they are not in the side aisles then they have to be in the front or back main aisles which are not wide enough to accommodate the increased amount of carts efficiently, especially in the front of Safeway where the checkout stands are the people have to stand with their carts in the ends of the side aisles because there is not enough room in the front main aisle for them which furthers hampers traffic flow at one end of the one way aisle, there are more people closer together for longer periods of time at the front and back main aisles then there would be if there was 2 way traffic down the side aisles, it is self defeating because the people have to be somewhere if there is not more of them in the side aisles then the problem is just moved to the front and back.

Having one way aisles are a good idea but only if the store is designed to handle it but a bad idea if not.
 
Last edited:
Because we are special and entitled, do not go to that store. The stores have gov guidance and corporate direction they have to follow. If I was a manager I would be kicking your asses out of the store, LOE present so its a no-trespass order.

But then again I would turn on the lights, flip a u-turn and give someone a littering ticket for throwing a butt out of the window :D

:beerchug:
 
But now you have stores expecting people to travel one way down an aisle? it matters not unless you plan on waiting on every single person in front of you to move ahead before you can proceed if you attempt to pass them since the aisles is no where near 6 foot wide you are violating the 6 foot rule anyways if you go past them headed the same direction. Sorry but I am not waiting on Grandma to decide which flavor of soup is cheapest when what I want is clear down at the other end of the aisle it could take an hour just to progress down one aisle at that rate if there are 3-4 ahead of you but God forbid you decide to turn around and go the way you came because now you are going the wrong way you cant win!!

it is annoying
its also annoying to follow the arrows and end up behind some one who has to handle 10 pks of meat to pick one
and to wait while some fuddy duddy has to decide what butter to buy and then have to call home to ask meanwhile holding up the aisle

What the? People actually wait for people ahead of them to move before they proceed? Crazy.

As far as I'm concerned the aisle says "one way"......... not "no passing". And I view the "one way" as a suggestion. I sure as hell ignore it if the aisle is empty.
 
The reason is to reduce exposure to others shopping AKA less crowded aisles but since the aisles are not 6 feet wide or wider it makes no sense because you have to travel down two aisles to get to the one you want which exposes you to potentially more people so it is self defeating since you have to travel down two aisles.
Ummm, much as I find it annoying, you aren't making sense. If you and the other people are maintaining six foot distancing you are exposed to less people because you aren't coming within six feet of them. If two people are meeting going opposite directions in the same aisle they are now forced to within less than six feet. So now two people that would never have come withing six feet of each other have come within two feet of each other.

As far as I'm concerned the aisle says "one way"......... not "no passing". And I view the "one way" as a suggestion. I sure as hell ignore it if the aisle is empty.
:no:

Y'all can shoot this messenger if you like, but I go whatever way is convenient. I'm now on a cane, although I prop with the basket in the store. I had one young lady employee try to get sassy with me, so I politely told her when you felt like I do, you go whatever way is the most convenient.
I have spinal cord damage, not only is every step I take filled with burning coals, but the more I do the more I hurt. By the time I'm done grocery shopping my normal way, skipping several aisles with products I don't use and going first thing in the morning so I can move as fast as possible and not have to wait on other people, I have needles and spikes jabbing into the burning soles of my feet, While the burning itself is climbing up my legs. Over the hours the pain will increase until, combined with whatever else I've been unable to avoid doing, around 8 or 9 pm some will be so bad I will be jerking my feet and legs in an attempt to avoid the unavoidable while I'm immersed in flame to my knees.

So, do you feel like I do? Because I'm still following the rules.
We live in a society, that means sometimes you have to do, or put up with things you'd rather not
 
Last edited:
So, do you feel like I do? Because I'm still following the rules.
We live in a society, that means sometimes you have to do, or put up with things you'd rather not

Exactly... funny thing is, in other threads the same people have complained about others not doing what they are "supposed" to :rflmao::rflmao:
 
Ummm, much as I find it annoying, you aren't making sense. If you and the other people are maintaining six foot distancing you are exposed to less people because you aren't coming within six feet of them. If two people are meeting going opposite directions is the same aisle they are now forced to withing less than six feet. So now two people that would never have come withing six feet of each other have come within two feet of each other.


:no:


I have spinal cord damage, not only is every step I take filled with burning coals, but the more I do the more I hurt. By the time I'm done grocery shopping my normal way, skipping several aisles with products I don't use and going first thing in the morning so I can move as fast as possible and not have to wait on other people, I have needles and spikes jabbing into the burning soles of my feet, While the burning itself is climbing up my legs. Over the hours the pain will increase until, combined with whatever else I've been unable to avoid doing, around 8 or 9 pm some will be so bad I will be jerking my feet and legs in an attempt to avoid the unavoidable while I'm immersed in flame to my knees.

So, do you feel like I do? Because I'm still following the rules.
We live in a society, that means sometimes you have to do, or put up with things you'd rather not
Feel free to do as you wish, we all want to do what we feel is best for our safety. Personally I feel that with X amount of people in the store they are going to be less people closer together for shorter periods of time with two way aisles then if there are only one way aisles if you feel differently do what you feel is best for you and others.
 
Any more complaints? It's real simple really. Give people some space. Before you leave home to do your thing, relax. Yes I know this is hard for some people but with practice this will lower your blood pressure and maybe your heart rate. It's not just about you.
Complaining about complaining? Yea that makes sense.
 
Feel free to do as you wish, we all want to do what we feel is best for our safety. Personally I feel that with X amount of people in the store they are going to be less people closer together for shorter periods of time with two way aisles then if there are only one way aisles if you feel differently do what you feel is best for you and others.
There's the problem. I don't do what I feel, I do what I think. Feelings don't replace facts, they let you work your way around them.
 
I just do what the business asks/requests, get my stuff and go on my way. A business has the same rights as me and I can shop anywhere I want.

Baaa Baaaaaaa
 
I just do what the business asks/requests, get my stuff and go on my way. A business has the same rights as me and I can shop anywhere I want.

Baaa Baaaaaaa

But then what would you have to complain about? :confused:
 
Ummm, much as I find it annoying, you aren't making sense. ...

...So, do you feel like I do? Because I'm still following the rules.
We live in a society, that means sometimes you have to do, or put up with things you'd rather not
Could not have said it better. Full marks. Especially the bolded (mine). :thumbsup:
 
They have signs on tables and booths here at Wendy's "this table not available", should I sit at one or stay at the one with no sign ?

Apparently you just do what you want to like your in your own home :dunno:
 
You know what? Yeah, it is a little inconvenient and a little annoying. So is wearing a mask, and not being able to go to live music shows and such right now. But you also know what? F-you if you can't follow the rules and attempts of stores and other businesses trying to make the best of this crappy situation and keep people as safe as they can be. A choice was made, by the management or higher up. Be a good citizen and respect it.

F-you otherwise.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom