• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ORTOFON Cartridge ID Help

scottyh777

Super Member
I know this is a ORTOFON cart but does anybody know the model number.Please see pics.The stylus is Blue.
 

Attachments

  • P1010135.jpg
    P1010135.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010136.jpg
    P1010136.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 33
Register to hide this ad
From your photo it's hard to tell, but it looks like the insert on yours has a rounded, perhaps peanut shaped cross-section. The lpgear stylus insert is rectangular in cross section with an extension at the top. So I'd say that unless that's the shape of the hole in your cartridge, it won't fit. Ortofon used different shapes to insure compatibility and it's one of those "square peg in round holes" type situations.
 
Well, the pics don't cover enough perspectives to check from afar, so you'll need to ckeck yourself for plug shape compatibility - but at least it looks like you might rather need the needle for the M15E Super with hourglass-shaped plug...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Btw, did I interpret your pics correctly regarding the generator shell colour? I.e., I see that as golden - so if it in fact rather was just smoke-stained silver, I'd need to correct my "guesstification"...
 
Last edited:
Be careful with those older Ortofons. I once bought an NOS M15E Super for my F15E and the stylus fit but didn't work in the body due to the fact that those were two different designs in that one had the magnet in the stylus assembly and the other had the magnet in the body. thank god the ebay seller was cool about and and let me send it back..........

I'd say from the pictures it looks like an M15E Super to me same color as the one I had.............
 
Well, the pics don't cover enough perspectives to check from afar, so you'll need to ckeck yourself for plug shape compatibility - but at least it looks like you might rather need the needle for the M15E Super with hourglass-shaped plug...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Btw, did I interpret your pics correctly regarding the generator shell colour? I.e., I see that as golden - so if it in fact rather was just smoke-stained silver, I'd need to correct my "guesstification"...

Yes, the shell color is Gold and the plug is hourglass.
 
S681E³S: Good warning! In addition one can also be easily mistaken, 'cause those ring or disc shaped magnets over the outer tube of the back part of the cantilever assembly also sometimes seem to slip off and get stuck on the body (or land anywhere - especially when one happens to have a long hair carpet underneath whilst pulling off the needle... ;) (*)).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

*) some say that accidents like that, which for them actually are unintentional sacrifices, can only be prevented by regular prayers to Flokati, the god of lost small parts. :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom